Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow Cooker Recommendations?

Question Slow Cooker Recommendations?

I'm looking for a slow cooker. Anyone have any recommendations - makes, models?

thanks in advance!

Alex

Alex, It's called an AGA!, & NO, I don't have one!... seriously now , any of the electric powered jobs by the likes of Tefal , Moulinex etc, will fill the bill!. Steve.
    Last edited by finnbear270; 16-07-2010 at 17:01.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Well an Aga would be nice, but $$$ think of all the guns you could buy instead!

No, a plastic electronic thingy will do instead I'm sure! Question is, which one?

i have a morphy richards ,c/o asda 20 metal with a large pottery casserole dish ,cannot fault it

I got this from tesco. its reduced to 12.69 at the moment and I have had no problems with it.
    It's exactly the same as the morphy richards one my mum has but half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    I got this from tesco. its reduced to 12.69 at the moment and I have had no problems with it.
    Think this is the one I have. not used it much yet but it seems to do the job.
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    I have that and its very good!

if you can go for a bigger sized thing....the difference in price between the smaller and larger ones is next to bugger all and better off with a big un!

if you can get one with high low & medium settings but if not high n low will suffice.

seroiusly i love a slow cooker ....
    wife just bought this little pocket cook book for a fiver "200 slow cooker receipes by sara lewis n published by hamlyn"

its an eye opener what you can cook in these things ...no just casseroles...!!!!

gonna have fun trying some of these receipes

sauer

cookworks 6ltr jobby from Argos 20,i always make loads,have a meal out of it the rest gets put into plastic tubs (meal size)then put into the freezer for Ron!!.... and Ron-later when Ive not much time i can go to my freezer and have curry/stew/casserole,etc to bing in the mickrowave!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steyr View Post
    cookworks 6ltr jobby from Argos 20,i always make loads,have a meal out of it the rest gets put into plastic tubs (meal size)then put into the freezer for Ron!!.... and Ron-later when Ive not much time i can go to my freezer and have curry/stew/casserole,etc to bing in the mickrowave!!!
    I'll second the large cookworks from Argos. Makes loads of tasty stew and enough for a few portions in the freezer.