Slow Cooker Recommendations?

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
I'm looking for a slow cooker. Anyone have any recommendations - makes, models?

thanks in advance!

Alex

:lol::lol::lol:Alex, It's called an AGA!, & NO, I don't have one!... seriously now , any of the electric powered jobs by the likes of Tefal , Moulinex etc, will fill the bill!. Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well an Aga would be nice, but $$$ :eek: think of all the guns you could buy instead! :D

No, a plastic electronic thingy will do instead I'm sure! Question is, which one?

I got this from tesco. its reduced to £12.69 at the moment and I have had no problems with it.
It's exactly the same as the morphy richards one my mum has but half the price.

if you can go for a bigger sized thing....the difference in price between the smaller and larger ones is next to bugger all and better off with a big un!:eek:

if you can get one with high low & medium settings but if not high n low will suffice.

seroiusly i love a slow cooker ....
wife just bought this little pocket cook book for a fiver "200 slow cooker receipes by sara lewis n published by hamlyn"

its an eye opener what you can cook in these things ...no just casseroles...!!!!

gonna have fun trying some of these receipes

sauer

cookworks 6ltr jobby from Argos £20,i always make loads,have a meal out of it the rest gets put into plastic tubs (meal size)then put into the freezer for Ron!!.... and Ron-later when Ive not much time i can go to my freezer and have curry/stew/casserole,etc to bing in the mickrowave!!!

cookworks 6ltr jobby from Argos £20,i always make loads,have a meal out of it the rest gets put into plastic tubs (meal size)then put into the freezer for Ron!!.... and Ron-later when Ive not much time i can go to my freezer and have curry/stew/casserole,etc to bing in the mickrowave!!!

I'll second the large cookworks from Argos. Makes loads of tasty stew and enough for a few portions in the freezer.

when you butcher your deer, put the trimmings and neck etc straight into the slow cooker, and cook all night Mmmmmmm its a great way to make pie filling :)

I bought 2 from ASDA last year for about £8 each. It is the only way i can cook anything and get consistant results.

One of my favourites is rabbit or venison cubed and browned. A stock cube, chopped up onion and a tin of coke, sounds hellish but is superb. When it is almost done, anything from 6 - 8 hours i bung on top a dumpling mix and even the kids demand more!

Back