Thread: Venison in a bradley smoker

Venison in a bradley smoker

Anybody out there got a cure and smoking times for a haunch of venison or any part of the beast, in a bradley smoker?

Would be good if you could tell me by weight that way we can use any size of deer.

Thanks

migh help might not

Quote Originally Posted by joncarnage View Post
    Anybody out there got a cure and smoking times for a haunch of venison or any part of the beast, in a bradley smoker?

Would be good if you could tell me by weight that way we can use any size of deer.

Thanks

right this "might" or may not be of help

my brother and i use a brinkman hot smoker, basically just charcoal pan with a water bowl above it and two mesh grills for yer meat above that .

now my bruv boned out a haunch and stuffed the cavity with a haggis of all things ( all we could find in the cupboard at the time)

using foil pouch and a handful of cherry wood soaked chips then sealed and a hole with coktail stick chucked directly onto the coals ,,water pan full of herbs (tescos dried jar stuff) and the temp gauge on the side where it should be .. (temp reading that is ..ie hot! )

this was done for 2 hours
    came out bright red and wizzened looking and im thinking its fecked!!!

meanst while im in new lidls supermarket in town and spies a electric deli type food slicer for 30 quid...what the hell

anyway anyone remeber ham n egg roll on yer sandwhichs as a kid???

vension (roe) haunch came out thinly sliced like that with slice of haggis in the middle bright red on edges fading to brisket colour towards the haggis

couple of slices of warburtons and that on it with dab o mustard!!!!! ACE!!!!!!

sorry if it doesnt help, but thats bout as far as we have ventured with the hotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by joncarnage View Post

Thanks
    Hot or cold smoking?

Hot smoking will be pretty indifferent, cold smoking could take a few days!