Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was panicking.....

I was panicking.....

On Thursday i done a 14h shift at work and got a call at 9pm to go with my pal to Moffat to try for a Sika.. not being a shirker i got picked up at 2am and travelled the 100 miles to the wood. After a 2 hour weather window and our rifles remaining cool we returned home and to my horror one of my Chessies had stood on my Discovery keys locking them inside along with the house keys too. I have a spare and it of course was in the house which has a Govan drug dealer strength door fitted. After 3 hours realising the doors are electronically deadlocked my mate called the AA and i warn you never use them as a form of entry as he got a 2mm thick legth of wire and proceeded to butcher the door pillar and was too unsuccessful. I tried to remove a window but as my car is a "commercial" the windows from the middle backwards are bonded and i was about to smash the tailgate to access the keys. A neighbour seen my plight and came with a 40ft ladder which we accessed a Velux window and sourced the spare keys... success!!
    Now, what do you guys use for leaving a spare key on your vehicle or do you hide a house key somewhere... i am not sure if i am best to screw a vehicle or house key under my cars (3) which at 100 a key would be an expensive operation?
    Last edited by RED-DOT; 17-07-2010 at 17:04.

spare house/car key in magnetic box inside bumper, thats if bumper is made of steel.....callie

I keep mine on me and a spare set at home i dont have a problem with that but can see hwy it would be a night mare getting your keys locked inside need to think on this one. Glad you got sorted and i am sure a trip to the cop shop to ask who the best car thieves in the area might have paid off.

when i had a diahatsu fortrac , and after several calls to the AA to let me back in to my truck i got a 3rd spare cut and with a cable tie attached it to the spare wheel on the back door hidden underneath the wheel cover !

never called the AA out again !
    \
    cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

I also have a Fourtrak, I was just going to ask what this central locking thing is??????

[QUOTE=ScottC;118422]I also have a Fourtrak, I was just going to ask what this central locking thing is??????[/QU
    lol , my drivers door lock was dodgy , so i used to lock the door from the inside and then shut the door hence leaving the key in the ignition !

then after hiding my keys i would open the passenger door and let my self in !

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

I'm originally from Liverpool, I reckon 20 seconds and I'd have been in without a mark

Just kidding and being stereotypical

Swansea lads would have been in and 2 miles down the road in 20 seconds. Used to be car crime capital of UK

Anyone lost dog tags before? simple to do..........tape up sharp key edges & hang around neck on good quality cord, even works with the modern key units!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    lol , my drivers door lock was dodgy , so i used to lock the door from the inside and then shut the door hence leaving the key in the ignition !

then after hiding my keys i would open the passenger door and let my self in !

cheers lee

A dodgy door lock, now that sounds like a Fourtrak!! I did think about this last week when stalking out on my own, no phone reception, miles from anywhere, what would happen if I lost the keys? Might have to hide a key when stalking.
    Last edited by ScottC; 18-07-2010 at 12:23.