Thread: titan 6 or sako 85 delux

titan 6 or sako 85 delux

hi there i am about to buy a new rifle in 338 wm cant decide either the
    sako or titan 6 if anyone has any info on the titan how they perform in 338
    would appriciate any info and if titan 6 come in a 338 wsm

cheers
    Harley

The Sako is in a totally different class to the Titan, it is a much better quality rifle. Sorry I don't know about available calibres in the Titan but believe that the list isn't extensive.
    Which calibre are you looking at .338 Win Mag or .338 Win short mag?

Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako
    Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako Sako

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    You sure about that?
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

The only good titan needs to be untouched and between 17 and 25 years old.

i would like 338 wsm i have found the stats on the titan and they do not do 338wsm only do 300wsm.
    i love the sako. although the titan 6 lux looks very nice with the dark matt no sheen finish i was playing with the sako 85
    delux and the titan today the titan is just a beautiful looking rifle
    Last edited by Harley; 18-07-2010 at 12:22.

I have a titan 6 in 243 and i am looking at getting one in 6.5x55. The only down side is the basic trigger
    it can not be honed the plates on the side of the trigger are potrivited on and rhino rifles did not want to touch it you will need leupold swing back mounts as some scope tubes are not long enough and you end up climbing the stock to look through the scope .they shoot great shot with some home loads at the week end 75grain v max they did 3 shots in the inch square better than the winchester 100 grain i use. If you go onto rws ammotec web you can build your own rifle on there configeration site gives you all the diffrent calibres that they do and finishes go and have a play on it

They do 338 win mag

I have a stainless titan, albeit in 22-250! Very accurate with home loads, suits my needs and I picked it up at a very good price.

The trigger is not great and the rifle has far too many plastic parts which are now starting to fail slowly. Magazine not good either, and the machining round the action is very poorly finished.

Accurate rifle, but would not put up with a lot of wear and tear. Would I buy another one? No...

ATB

Tom