Good day - from across the pond in Canada

OldNewGuy

Hello to all from Canada. I recently had the pleasure of hosting some friends from England (London area) and from Scotland. While it wasn't exactly good weather here, with temps ranging from -5C to -15C where I live near Toronto, I did have the chance to take them both out to my local range, and let them try some of my rifles at 200 yds, and shotguns to shoot some trap. Neither had ever handled, much less shot, a lever action before, so the Marlin 444 I've had since 1978 gave them pause, as well as the Browning BLR stainless takedown. They seemed to enjoy it.

I gather, from some comments they made (they're both hunters, but we didn't have a lot of time to explore the differences between their respective hunting experience and what is found where I live) that the rules and regs are quite different than in Canada, and ours are quite different (far more restrictive) than in the U.S.

It intrigued me enough that I sought out a site such as this, and hope to learn a thing or three.

All the best,

O.N.G.

Hi and welcome.

I keep promising myself a trip back up to High Prairie in Alberta where I spent part of my childhood.
It used to be a good hunting area way back but not sure if the oil fields have changed all of that.

Tony

Back