moddy damage

bobby18

evening all,been out last couple of nights and missed a couple of foxes,so before i went out tonight zeroed scope and it was smack on,dropped one tonight about hundred yards ,missed two about 150 ish which i normally drop.Noticed when i got in theres a bit of damage to moddy where round comes out ,would that effect accuracy.Its a stainless moddy don,t know if i,ve caught it on something or is it pitting ,as i normally spray it with wd40.Only had it about 10 months wouldnt rot that quick would it.Could be my shooting mind:rolleyes:

Sounds like the bullet is clipping the moddy ..is your screw cut ok ? Take moddy of and zero check at 100 200 300 m group check...

+1 as above check grouping without mod if happy with groupe get your mod and barrel thread checked

would that effect accuracy

yes definitely, you will need to get that checked out. Also WD40 is fairly poor for cleaning rifles and kit.

would that effect accuracy

yes definitely, you will need to get that checked out. Also WD40 is fairly poor for cleaning rifles and kit.
WD40 is the product of choice for some manufacturers when it comes to treating Moderators after use, I wouldn't use it on blueing but do use it on my mods after use

Back