Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bad kit cautionary tales

bad kit cautionary tales

there seems to be a trend in threads where people ask advice on what kit to get then get responses of i've got xyz and its pukka.
    Thought it would be a bit refreshing to have a thread where people share their less successful purchases. I'll start the ball rolling. My missus got me a harkilla pro hunter cap (goretex lined) as a pressie at great expense. although I look and feel damn cool in it, it leaks like a sieve. I may as well fashion a hat out of a sponge.

Bushnell lazer bore sighter - the type that you plug up the barrel and adjust the scope till the crosshairs match the laser spot. Absolute ***** piece of kit! The plastic bushes which fit in the barrel easily warp and twist so the laser isn't centred and with a new set of batteries lasts less than 5mins.

That the sort of thing you're looking for?

Jesus - i thought they were supposed to be the DB's. When I queried the exhorbitant price the dealer told me that was because they were goretex and waterproof. When did you get it? Have you tried to get your money refunded ? If you want some advice PM me - i'm a lawyer for my sins. I might even do this as pro bono - free of charge - just to show we aint all bad :o)

By the way - whats the difference between a bucket full of sperm and 100,000 lawyers - possibly one of the sperm my turn into a human being

And if you have a rifle and are in the room with an alligator, a lion, a beer and a lawyer and only have two bullets, which do you shoot ............... the lawyer ........ twice :o)

Scrun

I'd take it back mate and demand either a refund or one that works and doesn't leak! You shouldn't have to put up with faulty goods at that price. I nearly bought the pro hunter gloves last winter but they are about 80 quid too! Almost got some sealskinz but was thankfully warned off about them leaking too!
    Got some Norsveda ones eventually fron Evilbay for 17 quid which are fine!
    I recently bought a Cutco knife for about 65 quid. Bloody sharp and holds a good edge, but in all honesty, I still use my trusty old Frost Mora clipper in carbon steel. Cost about 55 quid less but I find the smaller blade easier to use. Maybe it's just what I'm used to using? I try to research most things before I buy now or at least get some good trusted recommendations.
    Good thread though!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by scrun63 View Post
    Jesus - i thought they were supposed to be the DB's. When I queried the exhorbitant price the dealer told me that was because they were goretex and waterproof. When did you get it? Have you tried to get your money refunded ? If you want some advice PM me - i'm a lawyer for my sins. I might even do this as pro bono - free of charge - just to show we aint all bad :o)

By the way - whats the difference between a bucket full of sperm and 100,000 lawyers - possibly one of the sperm my turn into a human being

And if you have a rifle and are in the room with an alligator, a lion, a beer and a lawyer and only have two bullets, which do you shoot ............... the lawyer ........ twice :o)

Scrun
    cheers for the offer just been spending the evening trying to write a report for a lawyer so i'm a bit lawyered out (no offence) I'll just put it down as caveat empor as i quite like the hat, as i say I look cool in it.

Quote Originally Posted by scrun63 View Post
    i'm a lawyer for my sins. Scrun
    You say it like its a bad thing!

Im about to finish my law degree (my second degree) and funnily looking at rights and responsibilities..s. 13/14 SGA anyone??

the 6.5!

I know of 3 pairs of Le chameu leather wellies(vatna???) that leaked. Bought a pair in a closing down sale for £80, but when i heard they are crap put them on THE BAY got £175 for them,maybe not so bad after all.......

Nell

Quote Originally Posted by Wills View Post
    You say it like its a bad thing!

Im about to finish my law degree (my second degree) and funnily looking at rights and responsibilities..s. 13/14 SGA anyone??
    You dont know my sins

Ditto the Bushnell lazer bore sighter, what a piece of rubbish used it once then it wouldn't switch on