Thread: Epperstone Range Nottingham

Epperstone Range Nottingham

Hiya all

Got myself a BSA 7mm Rem Mag on Friday - and the Notts police pulled their finger out and got the variation back to me within 3 weeks - so thanks to them.

Trev - see earlier posts by him - invited me to try it out at the Epperstone range. Blatted off 15 rounds (30 odd quid !!!!!) and it's now zero'd in nicely. Only problem is that it's going to be fitted with a new scope once i get the mounts sorted, but hopefully now i know the gun it'll only be 28 quid this time !

Anyway, this is really to let everyone know that Epperstone range is a place frequented by like minded stalking people and not just the target shooting fraternity. Trev intends to have an "Open Day" sometime soon and i think if anyone comes along they'll have a good time and be able to shoot, at least 100 yards, and possibly more - best check with Trev before.

I have to declare an interest though. I am a member of the Nottm Rifle Target Club who shoot at the range - though really I ought not to be telling you lot so we get to keep this excellent range to as few as possible :o), but i owe Trev one for todays shooting - so thanks Trev

Hope to see some of you down for the "Open day" shoot

All the best

Scrun

Hi mate,
    lets get something sorted for the 30th of august. 100m again and we will open the indoor incase the weather lets us down.
    Thinking of posting the day on the calender, but places will have to be limited.

Quote Originally Posted by trev View Post
    Hi mate,
    lets get something sorted for the 30th of august. 100m again and we will open the indoor incase the weather lets us down.
    Thinking of posting the day on the calender, but places will have to be limited.
    Hiya

- replied to you elsewhere on here (twice I think :o)- but yeap, up for that and i'll bet steve is too. But if you have 20 plus i'll be happy just to sit out and watch / help

Scrun

epperstone

hi,
    where is epperstone range please?

Sounds good about the range.. Of course I would like to know more about the BSA so where are the piccys ?

You KNOW that I would like to see them with more details.

Quote Originally Posted by latcheye View Post
    hi,
    where is epperstone range please?
    It's at Epperstone ..... . Sorry i couldnt resist it.

Sorry for delay, but been away til tonight and phone wouldnt let me reply (bloody technology ;o)

See link below. Head out of Epperstone away from Main Street / Lowdham road along Gonalston Lane and it's about 4 -500 metres on your left hand side. Before you might see a cricket club on your right hand side and it's outside the 30 mph speed limit signs. It's an unmarked driveway and it'll have a red flag flying from a post, though the way you'll be approaching it'll most likely be obscured. Head up the driveway and park in the top car park. If the roadway is blocked by an orange sign, stop, park your car and approach the firing point to your right

Hope you have a good time if you go. Let me know what you think of it. I'm a member of a club that shoots there, but wont be there on that day because i'll be stalking on my land in the Borders, a much more challenging target

Scrun aka Andrew

Any probs with directions pm me and i'll sort some more out for you
    http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=epp...one|Epperstone, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England, NG14 6

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Sounds good about the range.. Of course I would like to know more about the BSA so where are the piccys ?

You KNOW that I would like to see them with more details.
    Hiya Brithunter

Well if you're THAT interested in my weapon then I'll post some piccies for you. Are you likely to be at Epp on Monday. I wont be because i'm up on the Borders doing some REAL shooting

I've seen the fun you've been having with Lincs Police. Dont fall out with me, but i was one of the poor sods who actually went out on the front line there. So i have every sympathy with you.

Hope you get things sorted soon

Scrun aka Andrew