Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Earth

Google Earth

I stalk in a large conifer block so it isn't easy to know whats behind the wall of trees, if you have a good look at google earth you can find things that are not visible from the ground and with a lot less effort. The picture shows a route through the trees which cannot be seen from the ride but provides an easy approach to a glade which would take 1/2 a mile to get to round the outside if keeping downwind.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	demo.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	176.4 KB 
ID:	1895

Google Earth is great, I use it to track deer movements.

However the lack of regular updates means that its not really all that much of a practical tool when dealing with changing environments such as crops and woodlands unfortunatley

The forestry block I stalk in the borders is about 2000 acres and the day google photographed it was obviously cloudy as most of the forest is white and fluffy the funny thing is that I can't find those bits while I am stalking.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Email them. I emailed about the borders being cloud covered and they updated some of it after a few weeks, give them a location and they might just do it

What do you do about the bits that have turned into clear fell while Google wasn't looking?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

If you upgrade you can get real time thermal images of where the deer are on your ground.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    so does that mean ill be able to zoom in on you wearing that cap mate?? hey i didnt know you could do that my brother said the version of g/earth he has its as it happens!! the 1 i have when i zoom in on my house some other persons car is in the drive
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    If you upgrade you can get real time thermal images of where the deer are on your ground.

Upgrade to what?? Is that the CIA Package or something

Surely you're joking! Could you imagine the numpties with their noses buried in their PDA, proclaiming to anyone in earshot, 'There's deer here!'

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by calmac View Post
    so does that mean ill be able to zoom in on you wearing that cap mate?? hey i didnt know you could do that my brother said the version of g/earth he has its as it happens!! the 1 i have when i zoom in on my house some other persons car is in the drive
    Stop making me laugh