Small Cist on Kidney

alan

Hi.
Had a roe doe this morning and during the graloch I noticed a small cist like growth on the kidney. It was about 4mm in diameter and the same in depth, it was full of clear fluid. The cist was growing into the kidney not on top of it.
This cist was only on the one kidney.
Now I've never seen anything like this before, has anyone else?
best regards
Alan

Seen loads in kidneys from lambs and pigs. It's caused by blocked tubules these create a small amount of urine to gather. Not too much to be concerned about, but can cause discomfort, blood in urine back ache, plus others.

There are lots of lumps, bumps and imperfections throughout our bodies. However, most of us are too overweight to feel them through the layer of fat that covers our bodies. Lose a stone or too and we would all be off to the doctors worrying. Best we keep eating pies and don't worry about it IMO!

Dexter
WTF has that got to do with a roe doe kidney?
Alan
Alan, wtf are you on about? Was my explanation not good enough? A single minor imperfection is not enough to worry about if everything else looks good. And why the need to use the f word or are you assuming that my number of posts are directly related to my knowledge and therefore I'm not worth listening to?
If that is the case I will just post a load of bone comments to get my post numbers up.

Last edited:
I think he was referring to the fact that the original poster was talking about a deer's kidney after he'd gralloched it and you seemed to mis-read it and started talking about a cyst on a human kidney. I don't think that implies you know nothing about anything really, so chill TF out, dude. :D

Thank you Pedro, you put it so eloquently.
My next question is, why is he so determined to get his post numbers up?
As it happens, I have spoken to several very clever deer people since I put the post on and they have all said its a water retention thing, nothing to worry about, but as it was the first time I,d seen it, it did have me guessing.
Once again Pedro, many thanks.
regards
Alan

Thank you Pedro, you put it so eloquently.
My next question is, why is he so determined to get his post numbers up?
As it happens, I have spoken to several very clever deer people since I put the post on and they have all said its a water retention thing, nothing to worry about, but as it was the first time I,d seen it, it did have me guessing.
Once again Pedro, many thanks.
regards
Alan

Alan,
Some folk look at post numbers and compare that to the length of time shooting,stalking or actual amount of Deer shot.
So with that in mind think of low post count low actual Deer shot. Or little knowledge of shooting in general.

Reference to lumbs bumps and imperfections. If we were able to look into all our organs it's very likely that we too will have all sorts of bits n-bob's as extras.

Back on topic as I said small amount of urine won't affect the kidney as far as eating is concerned.

Dexter
WTF has that got to do with a roe doe kidney?
Alan

Quite a lot actually.

Cysts on kidneys are not uncommon in humans. Many men have them, most are nothing more than a blister type cyst which does little or no harm at all. If this was found on a deer and the rest of the lymph chain was ok, then the carcase is perfectly ok to consume.

Perhaps a little less aggressive posting from members might not go amiss, when someone has given a perfectly reasonable and polite answer.

Quite a lot actually.

Cysts on kidneys are not uncommon in humans. Many men have them, most are nothing more than a blister type cyst which does little or no harm at all. If this was found on a deer and the rest of the lymph chain was ok, then the carcase is perfectly ok to consume.

Perhaps a little less aggressive posting from members might not go amiss, when someone has given a perfectly reasonable and polite answer.
Thank you sikamalc. I had all but decided to give up on this site after only a few days until you posted that.
:tiphat:

Thank you sikamalc. I had all but decided to give up on this site after only a few days until you posted that.
:tiphat:

The power of sitting behind a key board.............................. its the same where ever you go on any forum. People write in such a manner that can come across as aggressive or sometimes are dyslexic and this can also come across as rather aggressive.

I wouldn't worry too much about such remarks, but we do have a ZERO tolerance on this site to bad language, name calling and trouble making.

Enjoy the site, many have made long lasting friendships and gained a great deal from it.

I assume that you have had kidney infection ???

Yes, and it was the presence of cysts that made it difficult to treat - the bug seemed to be safe from attack by antibiotics while protected within the cysts. To be honest though it was when it affected prostate as well that it got really painful.
As has been said earlier in this thread, various lumps and bumps occur throughout our bodies as we get older, wear and tear, guessing animals are no different. Mostly harmless and undetected, but can flare up and give trouble.

Back