Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venison Prices

Venison Prices

Ive just heard some the terms for selling venison to Highland game , who are in Dundee.It seems that they will only pay full whack for Roe that are over 12 KG and undamaged , i always thought it was a 9KG limit.

Quote Originally Posted by wirehair View Post
    Ive just heard some the terms for selling venison to Highland game , who are in Dundee.It seems that they will only pay full whack for Roe that are over 12 KG and undamaged , i always thought it was a 9KG limit.
    Yes 12 KG Highland game, Bestwick's was 10KG

Quote Originally Posted by wirehair View Post
    thats sounds like daylight robbery , down here in norfolk 2 quid a kg for roe as they come even if there shoulder shot !

cheers lee
    Last edited by leec6.5; 20-07-2010 at 20:14. Reason: spelling

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Venison Prices

Lee

We tend to take the rough with the smooth down here, I am paying 3.00 a kilo for Roe still & 2.00 a Kilo for Munties & Section 7 larger species.

We are still getting next to nothing in at the moment as most people seem to have shot all their cull Roe.

Roll on the 1st of August I say.

We only make price ajustments for either very poorly field dressed deer or Big old fallow that are carry a ton of fat.

Regs Lee

Quote Originally Posted by lwcdart View Post
    Lee

We tend to take the rough with the smooth down here, I am paying 3.00 a kilo for Roe still & 2.00 a Kilo for Munties & Section 7 larger species.

We are still getting next to nothing in at the moment as most people seem to have shot all their cull Roe.

Roll on the 1st of August I say.

We only make price ajustments for either very poorly field dressed deer or Big old fallow that are carry a ton of fat.

Regs Lee
    Lee, those are fair prices. Just out of interest, and don't take this personally, why do you accept very poorly field dressed deer? I know all dealers do it but it bugs me when I see my prime, legal, tagged carcasses going into the same van as a load of iffy ones from some half pikey keeper up the road and the only comment the dealer will make is, 'don't worry, I only give him 1.50/kg so we should still make something out of them!' I think if more dealers rejected this rubbish then, overall, the standards would have to rise. JC

Have to agree mate as should the selling for cash be outlawed ,no tag ,still goes on .

JC

When I said the rough with the smooth-I ment the odd borderline badly shot beast & only from a known source.

We are a small dealer & probably deal with a handfull of local stalkers & estates all of which I know on a personal basis.

All bodies are tagged & have a hunter ID.

However there is still alot of questionable flogging of deer out of a car boot directly to local pubs going on down here by various people.

Regards Lee

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    Lee, those are fair prices. Just out of interest, and don't take this personally, why do you accept very poorly field dressed deer? I know all dealers do it but it bugs me when I see my prime, legal, tagged carcasses going into the same van as a load of iffy ones from some half pikey keeper up the road and the only comment the dealer will make is, 'don't worry, I only give him 1.50/kg so we should still make something out of them!' I think if more dealers rejected this rubbish then, overall, the standards would have to rise. JC
    PIKEY KEEPER????????? dont tar us all with the same brush.
    im not going to get into a slagging match here but please come on??

Quote Originally Posted by mick b View Post
    PIKEY KEEPER????????? dont tar us all with the same brush.
    im not going to get into a slagging match here but please come on??
    Sorry Mick, I probably was a bit harsh there, i'm sure there are many 'keepers who can work to a good standard when it comes to deer. I can only base my opinions on my own experience. JC

Quote Originally Posted by mick b View Post
    PIKEY KEEPER????????? don't tar us all with the same brush.
    I'm not going to get into a slagging match here but please come on??
    I think PIKEY KEEPER is a bit strong, if you are selling stalking you will have a percentage of badly shot carcases
    I personally will not tarnish my reputation by selling to the game dealer a badly shot carcase
    If you only shoot a few deer its not a problem, but with the amount I am dealing with it is, cut up a few for my own use
    and a some for friends, but it means quite a few carcases are being dumped, so whats worse dumping carcases or selling on carcases that are not quite perfect.