Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we all getting a bit technical?

Are we all getting a bit technical?

Ive not been a member on here long and its the first stalking forum Ive used but what I have noticed within the stalking fraternity is that its all getting a bit technical.

Alot of people seem to spend more time using gadgets and gizmos to aid them in their stalking/foxing/shooting when alot of the time they arent really needed.

Does anybody else still just grab a rifle, a stick, a knife and some bullets and head off out?

It may be different for alot of you that just do a little bit of high seat stuff but I know for myself, the lighter I can travel on the hill the better.

Anyone else understand where im coming from?

Its all getting a bit "american"
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post

Does anybody else still just grab a rifle, a stick, a knife and some bullets and head off out?
    Yes me. If you add binoculars to the kit.
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

D'oh, forgot about them, they are usually sitting on the dash of the pick up though
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

totally agree!!!although im afraid to admit i did just buy a "fanny pack"of ebay!oops(bumbag)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    Its all getting a bit "american"
    Rifle, stick, binos?

I just grab some smoke flares, a radio and call in the fly boys for a strike - now that's the 'Merican way.

Notch up another keep it as simple as you can kinda shooter just the way I like it!!!

Simple for me......Sako 85, S/B 8x56 on top, T8 Mod up front, Swaro 7x42's round the neck, sticks in the hand and an iphone G3 in the pocket.........oh and a knife of course !

Im leave the rest of the kit in the truck !

As the SAS boys say...KISS....'Keep It Simple Stupid'

Rocky
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Yes me. If you add binoculars to the kit.
    +1 on above , also add a torch and dog

PS
    not very often do I even bother to change out of my work clothes

I agree Dan, but no drag rope included?

All I take is the 270 with sound mod(s&b on top), sticks ,binos,knife and a small rope for extracting roe.