Available: Potential Stalking Syndicate

aye jsut as well iv plenty of ground to go at but i could well feel sorry for the ones that aint and are and have been looking for a syndicate to join . . . i was just testing the water by sending P,M bit of a cheeky reply.... i was only curious as he may have been my next door neighbour and would be good chance to say hi... etc.. was he just testing the water ?????? i once owned 3500 square foot of commercial property and one day i thought id stick a for sale sign on the building to see what sort of responce i would get.. as it happens the phone never stopped :) he he "is that a bit sneaky or what" ??
Similar to you Frank , I asked a simple question ( whereabouts is the land ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO REPLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY RUDE asking for people then not even a quick reply :mad:

Les i was talking a bout deer mate not pets, At the moment there are very big chnges a foot in the deer world and reasons are we have far to many deer and not enough qualified stalkers. Just because some people find getting deer stalking hard dose not mean there is none available and not cheap but free. The goverment cant keep waisting money on deer control while they have a trained resorce they just need informed of it. I SHOOT 3000 ACRE OF GOOD DEER GROUND NOT CRAP FC STUFF AND I HAVE MANY FRIENDS WHO DO THE SAME IF YOU WANT IT ITS THERE.

Les i was talking a bout deer mate not pets, At the moment there are very big chnges a foot in the deer world and reasons are we have far to many deer and not enough qualified stalkers. Just because some people find getting deer stalking hard dose not mean there is none available and not cheap but free. The goverment cant keep waisting money on deer control while they have a trained resorce they just need informed of it. I SHOOT 3000 ACRE OF GOOD DEER GROUND NOT CRAP FC STUFF AND I HAVE MANY FRIENDS WHO DO THE SAME IF YOU WANT IT ITS THERE.
They have been talking about these "big changes" for as long as I can remember.
Things don't change Choc, the only thing that will change is that if someone comes along with a big wad of cash and waves it under ya landowners nose you'll kiss your free land goodbye.
I've read some of these reports of farmers along the A9 being told they must cull more deer due to road accidents ect, trouble is they still want a fortune for most to go shoot them.
We had a farmer aproach us about 5 years back saying the deer were devasting his crops and could we come shoot them, we told him no problem, in the next breath he told us he wanted £7500 a year.
we did it for 3 years shooting around 150 a year, then we told him in year 4 we now need to get down to an average of 40 animals a year, that's fine he says but I still want £7500.
Unfortunately most farmers will skin a sh+t and sell it ya.
You're lucky to have your free land, I have a good acreage to shoot but I never class it as free, some I pay rent for and some I pay in work done on the land.

Les the landowners i am talking about are public now i know you buy stalking and sell it thats your choice but i am also saying every year more and more people realise for a small amount of effort they can have more quality stalking than they could ever get paying. If a farmer asked me to pay 7500 to shoot deer i would tell him to ram it up his ass now differnt if you are goig to sell it on and there lies the problem to many deer RTAS CROP DAMAGE POACHING Why because some people hold more ground than they can manage time for change.;)

Les the landowners i am talking about are public now i know you buy stalking and sell it thats your choice but i am also saying every year more and more people realise for a small amount of effort they can have more quality stalking than they could ever get paying. If a farmer asked me to pay 7500 to shoot deer i would tell him to ram it up his ass now differnt if you are goig to sell it on and there lies the problem to many deer RTAS CROP DAMAGE POACHING Why because some people hold more ground than they can manage time for change.;)

choc has a point there, too much land for them to manage... there is a lot of guys that dont come to shoot there land often enough and hold off others that can..cos they keep buying up the leases.. i will throw a bone to the dog here by saying a big % are south of the border... not meaning to be derogative in saying that but you lads aint got the land to stalker ratio we have
money does however buy land at the mo, yet i did pick up 3000 acres free not two months ago.. i even offered him money meat and whiskey he said no.. he just wanted someone who was going to do what he wanted. foxing... i have been three times and seen two not lucky to be close enough for a shot.

frank

Actually this is the first year I've really sold stalking, I have had paying guests in previous years brought by others.
Most of my land is free but you always pay in some way (work around the farm ect).
Not sure how you can get better quality stalking by not paying.
I know stalking is much harder to get down south than in the highlands, having stalked there though I also know that there is many a rip off happening.
We couldn't sell on the stalking at the farm we paid £7500 for, wasn't allowed to take guests, we got our money back on the carcuss's though, it was a shame because their wee some fantastic trophies there that we had to shoot but didn't have mounted.

Well lets say a few on here pay £500-£600 a year to shoot Roe deer on FC ground in scotland. The ground is crap and will have very few deer on it they will also be one of say 6 on 1500 acres they will shoot prob 2-6 each. They pay alot and get crap. I gave a chap a farm that was only 200 acre and the chap has taken 12 deer in one season cost he paid two bottles of vodka and a christmas hamper(his chioce) I know which chap got the beter deal paying is not always the answer. I help a chap out who had a very large syndicate but no were to park his van i got him the farm 400 acres next door parked his van and got the shooting for 200 a year he shoots more deer off the farm than his 2000 acres FC they all pay 600 each for. Whats wrong with a lot of people is they cant see the woods for the trees and think because its a stalking lease it must be good when 70% are crap.:lol:

Well lets say a few on here pay £500-£600 a year to shoot Roe deer on FC ground in scotland. The ground is crap and will have very few deer on it they will also be one of say 6 on 1500 acres they will shoot prob 2-6 each. They pay alot and get crap. I gave a chap a farm that was only 200 acre and the chap has taken 12 deer in one season cost he paid two bottles of vodka and a christmas hamper(his chioce) I know which chap got the beter deal paying is not always the answer. I help a chap out who had a very large syndicate but no were to park his van i got him the farm 400 acres next door parked his van and got the shooting for 200 a year he shoots more deer off the farm than his 2000 acres FC they all pay 600 each for. Whats wrong with a lot of people is they cant see the woods for the trees and think because its a stalking lease it must be good when 70% are crap.:lol:
I agree with you mainly, the grass aint always greener on the other side though.
Just because you pay for a bit of ground don't mean it's automatically crap, in fact if you pay for your ground you are more likely to manage it better to be sure of longevity.

Back