Thread: Where are the Bucks

Where are the Bucks

In the past 2 months we have seen 30 does and only 2 bucks (deceased) so where are the bucks and what are they doing, does anyone know? they surerly can't feed only at night at this time of year, and they arn't using the glades and stream sides that we see the does on. can anyone shed any light on this.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    In the past 2 months we have seen 30 does and only 2 bucks (deceased) so where are the bucks and what are they doing, does anyone know? they surerly can't feed only at night at this time of year, and they arn't using the glades and stream sides that we see the does on. can anyone shed any light on this.

I think they have all been disturbed mate by some guy walking round the forest with electric motors whirring away and dressed up like a dead jap sniper
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 20-07-2010 at 08:48.

THE DOES WILL BE MORE VISUAL MATE THIS TIME OF YEAR THEY REALLY NEED TO FEED HARD TO KEEP THEM KIDS GOING STRONG AND YOU WILL FIND THAT THE TERRITORIAL BUCKS WILL BE THERE AND WILL MOST LIKELY BE OUT AT NIGHT YOU MIGHT CATCH HIM FIRST LIGHT BUT THAT CAN BE HIT AND MISS. He doesn't need to feed as hard and holds all the good spots were he can feed unseen and shelter from any bad weather but things are a bout to change for him and his desire to get nucky will be stronger than if survival skills.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    stu you refuring to that cap!! no river man thats a very good point i think they are just staying in deep cover, was lucky enough to get 2 last weekend, this weekend only spotted 2 but on dif nites they both came out thicket really late on... thing is its really taking the buiscuit when all way home we see the odd nice buck out in open but on our own ground very hard stalking, never known it like this before.. could be something to do with the very very long winter we have just been through, just looking through blinds now and youd think it still was bloody winter... p.s you got that patent on your cap??
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    I think they have all been disturbed mate by some guy walking round the forest with electric motors whirring away and dressed up like a dead jap sniper

Calmac,
    Where are you seeing those bucks?

regards
    griff

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    let you know wednesday nite after you have bought me about 4 pints griff im just going to send you p.m as its top secret..
    Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Calmac,
    Where are you seeing those bucks?

regards
    griff

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post