Thread: Which bases????

Which bases????

Which bases would be suitable to mount an IOR scope and rings onto a Tikka T3 lite??

Thanks in advance

Nell

nell:- got a T3 lite myself, and I've gone for the sako optilok, because its a 17 mm dove tail theres not a lot of choice, there's a couple U.S. makers that I came across, 1 was very expensive and the other much cheaper ones looked like they would be better on an air rifle, optilok bases and rings not cheap but they're the pukka job, try the gundirectory or e-bay, have seen them new and second hand on there.....callie

You could start off by mounting a rail, the variety of mounts is then huge.
    I got the stainless rail, aluminium bolt shroud and bolt handle from Roedale
    in Germany. The bolt handle is really nice to use.
    edi

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    You could start off by mounting a rail, the variety of mounts is then huge.
    I got the stainless rail, aluminium bolt shroud and bolt handle from Roedale
    in Germany. The bolt handle is really nice to use.
    edi
    Nice Edi, I want one ! No hope of funding it though

Seriously though, If you're going with IOR, it might be a 35mm or 40mm tube, in which case it'll almost certainly need picatinny style rings and a base to match, I've heard IOR rings are rubbish, TPS make 35mm ones, I've got a pair (30mm and they are very nice).

Hi Nell,

I second ejg, I also have the stainless rail fitted with some Burris Signature Zee rings on my T3 Varmint. I highly recommend the rings, they come with inserts of different MOA to minimumise adjustments to your scope or you can set them up for long range work.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/sigrings.html

I would also recommend you get yourself a rubber bolt knob to slip over the existing bolt handle, makes is so much easier with gloves or in cold weather.
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

I have a Tikka T3 with 34mm Third Eye rings (top quality but twice the price of the IOR mounts also come in 35mm) with a S&B on top. It was mounted on a Sako Picitany rail that Lee from border got in for me. I have a 35mm IOR on my other rifle, my mounts were adapted to fit and the IOR rings were lapped in and I have had it on top of that rifle and had it out for 20 + deer and I am yet to have any problems so I would ask the detractors to quantify the problems with these rings before you discount them.

Dave