Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Wild Mountain Goat - comes home

  1. #1

    Wild Mountain Goat - comes home

    Some of you will recall me shooting a mountain Goat in Kerry this May, well he's just arrived in England!

    He was set up by a friend of my mate in Ireland Paul (Paul O' Deer) & a great job he made of him, he was brought over Monday by Paul's parents who were luckily on a visit.

    Was going to hang him in the lounge to surprise the wife when she got home last night but he was too heavy for the existing picture hooks so sat him on the sofa, only comments I got from Jayne were "how much" & "shame he's dead"!

    Her mum thought he was great surprisingly!

    Just waiting for the planning application to be passed (finger crossed) for our extension so I can get him up on the wall of my new office.

    Cheers
    Chris





    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

  2. #2
    looks very good

  3. #3
    Looks great!

    Did he shampoo up ok? No 'goaty' wiffs?

  4. #4
    Reminds me of my Mother-In-Law

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgy View Post
    Reminds me of my Mother-In-Law
    Better looking than mine

  6. #6
    Do you know how/if he managed to get rid of the smell as they normally whiff a bit, Thanks

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by george joy View Post
    Do you know how/if he managed to get rid of the smell as they normally whiff a bit, Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Looks great!

    Did he shampoo up ok? No 'goaty' wiffs?

    Kurt the taxidermist said it was the only goat he's done that didn't smell that bad. My friend Paul's goat which he shot in November last year stank to high heaven, I think they stink more when rutting.

    Mine has a very faint whiff but its more a chemical smell which Kurt uses on the coat, I've no idea what he uses.

    I'm getting something like Fabreze to take that last whiff away.

    Cheers

    Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

  8. #8
    SD Regular willie_gunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    Posts
    6,995
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Chris

    He's really come up a treat - Kurt's done a great job.

    In fact he looks so good, why don't you just leave him on the sofa

    willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rob View Post
    Some of you will recall me shooting a mountain Goat in Kerry this May, well he's just arrived in England!

    He was set up by a friend of my mate in Ireland Paul (Paul O' Deer) & a great job he made of him, he was brought over Monday by Paul's parents who were luckily on a visit.

    Was going to hang him in the lounge to surprise the wife when she got home last night but he was too heavy for the existing picture hooks so sat him on the sofa, only comments I got from Jayne were "how much" & "shame he's dead"!

    Her mum thought he was great surprisingly!

    Just waiting for the planning application to be passed (finger crossed) for our extension so I can get him up on the wall of my new office.

    Cheers
    Chris
    ...I can't imagine my wife's reaction would be quite so restrained if she came home and found a dead goat's head on the sofa!!!!

    (Looks good though Chris - job's a good 'un!! ATB, Merlin)
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

    "...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

  10. #10
    He looks like Togan the Bearded Roebuck that the guy lost his ticket over!

    On a Serious note though-great job a very nice trophy buddy.

    Regs Lee

Similar Threads

  1. Wild Mountain Goat from County Kerry
    By Chris Rob in forum Articles & Write Ups
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 28-07-2010, 10:35
  2. Muntjac and Goat Stalking
    By Sam in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 15:52
  3. crazy helicopter goat cull NZ shooter
    By Paul at Fechan in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-01-2010, 12:27
  4. Greek hunter dresses in goat skin camo...fatal consequences.
    By mudman in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-12-2009, 17:45
  5. Bavarian Mountain Hound
    By deertracker in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-01-2008, 19:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •