Thread: Hi from Hereford

Hi from Hereford

Hi, my name is Richard and as you can see i'm from Hereford and a member on a few other shooting related forums

I have been stalking with a friend a couple of times down in Chipenham, not had a beast myself yet just going along to learn what i can until i know enough and have the oppertunity to take one myself.

just lately been going out with a friend foxing who might be able to get me some stalking locally once seasons start and i complete my DSC1 course which i'll be booking next week

I have a custom .223 which has not long been built by Chris Blackburn of UK Gunworks i use for foxing and going to put in for a .243 for stalking and get one built

I am trying to network locally for some stalking either with others or my own ground with deer on, i haven't got the spare money for a syndicate unless it was cheap hopefully some others on here might point me in a direction to some if any came up, willing to travel within couple hours for a stalk

looking to learn what i can ready for my DSC1 course

Richard

Hi Richard
    Welcome to the site
    Where about in Hereford are you from as i also live in Hereford
    Derek

Hi Derek,

I live in town by the fire station, where abouts you live, what shooting do you do.

Just been out on a new permission over Hay tonight, just got in nothing about lol
    Last edited by snowz; 22-07-2010 at 23:41.

Richard,

Welcome to the SD - now you just have to buy a proper grown up rifle and chase some deer. There are some brilliant stalkers on here who charge peanuts for their skills and their deer because they enjoy getting people into the sport and getting them their first deer. Doing the DSC1 is a great way of meeting other new stalkers too - I'm still in touch with most of the guys on my course a couple of years ago.

Give me a shout when I'm back from Africa on the 17th and we'll sort out some stalking - the Fallow are around on my ground and I've got some good woodland Muntjac stalking you can have a go at too (plus you can use your .223 for them). Dave's got my number if you've binned it.

R'gds,

Adam.

Hi Richard
    sorry havent replied have been working at CLA game fair . I use 22\250 ai for foxes & 6.5 & 308 for deer. I live aprrox 5miles from you in sutton . I am on holiday next week to do some sea fishing .I have a small patch of ground where there are muncjack & fallow i will gladly take you round on my return .
    Regards Derek

Hi Derek,

thanks for the reply, most of our shooting is done in Sutton, Marden and Bodenham and my partners cousin lives in Sutton too.

perhaps we may of aready met in passing??

I would appreciate a nice day out stalking locally, not worried about taking a shot myself but would come along to learn and see how things are done, different people do thing in different ways so i want to pick up what i can for myself.

i will PM you my details

thanks Richard
    UK GUNWORKS customized 260 AI on a Remmy 700 Blue printed action, Border barrel 1/8 twist, McMillan Hunter stock, Third eye sound mod, 20MOA rail, Rings and bolt knob, Zeiss Conquest 6-20x50 scope

Welcome to the forum Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Mc View Post
    Welcome to the forum Richard
    Hi Jimmy, thanks for the welcome....

i read your reply on the other site, i was told to look at a 6.5x55 and also the 260 like you have, what load you run threw your 260?
    Last edited by snowz; 27-07-2010 at 13:08.
    UK GUNWORKS customized 260 AI on a Remmy 700 Blue printed action, Border barrel 1/8 twist, McMillan Hunter stock, Third eye sound mod, 20MOA rail, Rings and bolt knob, Zeiss Conquest 6-20x50 scope