Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ref sd meeting castle douglas last nite

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries

ref sd meeting castle douglas last nite

just like to say last nite was a great nite, great to meet up with stalkers & like minded people, big thanks to kevin for making this happen, griff for sorting W,C,O being their and dennis for bringing along some silencers, actions & those 2 cracking looking tactical rifles & a great talk etc, (he has a future customer) we will have to sort out something again soon few beer's, bite to eat etc, i was just waiting for bullocks girl friend to give us all a lap dance to round the nite off but didnt happen may be next time

Hi,
    it was good to meet those that attended last night, many thanks also to griff for bringing john and his colleague. I would hope some of the topics that john brought up where followed up and wont steal griffs thunder by mentioning them. in all it was worth the 4 hour drive to see all whom attended. it was also good to assign a face to sign on names. calmac you should leave your gun at home because with a face like that you can scare em to death, its a face only a mother could love ha ha. good to meet you and Rmaster. pleasure to be in you company guys. many thanks.

thanks Kev for arranging it and i was sorry the shirt didnt sell. the buffet was spectacular mate thanks

Unfortunately due to work issues by the time I got finished it would have been a pointless effort in driving through so late on. Very disappointed to have missed the evening.

On a plus note Dennis is a very good friend of mine and is also responsible for building my .243AI. I spoke to him earlier this evening to ask how the night went. He was delighted with the turnout and said it was a very enjoyable night. I will make a point of taking the day off the next time one is arranged to ensure I get through.

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Unfortunately due to work issues by the time I got finished it would have been a pointless effort in driving through so late on. Very disappointed to have missed the evening.

On a plus note Dennis is a very good friend of mine and is also responsible for building my .243AI. I spoke to him earlier this evening to ask how the night went. He was delighted with the turnout and said it was a very enjoyable night. I will make a point of taking the day off the next time one is arranged to ensure I get through.
    you a lucky man to have him as a mate, we had a good laugh with him, a real nice guy. tell him my offer stands and i would love a cheap gun from him. wish him luck with the little bit of turbilence he is going through. the next time i meet him i will ply him with lots of booze and get him to agree to do it cheap. i will bring a contract with me and get him to sign it ha ha.

f

He is getting things sorted and hopefully the business will be up and running soon, I'm sure he told you all about it. The biggest selling point of his work is that he builds his own guns and then goes out and wins numerous F class competitions with them. Pretty good advert for his workmanship. I know many think that level of accuracy is probably unnecessary for stalking but nice to know its there if needed. Compared to some he is also very reasonable in costs. As soon as I get the money together he is building me another one in either 6.5x47 or .260AI

He shot his first sika stag with me and it was always handy having a younger, strong bloke there to help with the dragging. He thought he was getting invited cause we liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    Hi,
    it was good to meet those that attended last night, many thanks also to griff for bringing john and his colleague. I would hope some of the topics that john brought up where followed up and wont steal griffs thunder by mentioning them. in all it was worth the 4 hour drive to see all whom attended. it was also good to assign a face to sign on names. calmac you should leave your gun at home because with a face like that you can scare em to death, its a face only a mother could love ha ha. good to meet you and Rmaster. pleasure to be in you company guys. many thanks.

thanks Kev for arranging it and i was sorry the shirt didnt sell. the buffet was spectacular mate thanks
    ahhh thanks for mentioning me,what a nice chap you are centralbelt,I enjoyed the meeting too nice to see everyone good to listen to John and Dennis
    Last edited by Range Master; 22-07-2010 at 22:56. Reason: mistake

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    ha ha nice 1 frank, i hear you have been known to turn a good few womens heads .. but even more women's stomaches cant remember who p,m ed me with ref to us all meeting up at galloway game fair,but im thinkin would be a good laugh, plus more time for a bit crack & to down a few beers.. ill def be in contact with dennis once i get ahold of a saka action . . . i can see it now in my cabinet custom hunting rifle, so soon as i can get time putting in for variation to 6.5 x 47... anyway was great to see every one last nite and even my m8t steve & adrian took the long drive over so an added bonus, even the W,C,O's gave a good insite to their roll's and their personal interests in our sport
    Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    Hi,

Now back home and able to access the InterWeb, so an opportunity at last to tip my hat to those who attended on Wednesday evening. I had a great time, so thanks to all for your company!
    KevinF -

Great night, thanks for organising it Kevin, had a good chat with Denis, got a few tips with his knowledge of barrels for a future project, nice to meet Stu and Angus along with the rest of you, Cal I think it maybe me who suggested a met at the Moffat game fair.

ATB

Tahr

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    Great night, thanks for organising it Kevin, had a good chat with Denis, got a few tips with his knowledge of barrels for a future project, nice to meet Stu and Angus along with the rest of you, Cal I think it maybe me who suggested a met at the Moffat game fair.

ATB

Tahr
    aye your rite mate, i hope its a green light for meet up, should be a good laugh & crack were you sitting to my left at meeting?? from l/bie??