Introduction (Northern Ireland)

d0nni

Hello,

Where do you start.

29, From Northern Ireland.

Always had an interest in deer stalking from a young age, being out with my dad creeping about the forests at stupid o clock in the morning. (still out at stupid o clock - 4:30am left the house at last saturday :cuckoo:)

Had an excellent year this year. Ended up with a total of 19 deer (with a few days to go but doubt ill get out again). 1 Fairly mature Fallow Buck - great head for a wild deer, 1 Fairly mature Red stag probably a year off being a royal. 3 Fallow Prickets and 14 Fallow Doe.

Have a fair bit of ground to cover and quite a large population of deer - land owners wanted them well trimmed this year. even with that taken out of them still not even breaking even in population control with nearly all heavy now. But always next year!

Equipment - Sako M591 .308 with Leupold 3-9x40 Scope. Started the year with PPU 165g. Ended with Hornady SP 165g - going to stick to the Hornady with this rifle. Shoots really well with them.

Waiting on - Sauer 202 Elegance .308 - Just purchased it from a dealer in England so waiting on it getting brought across to Northern Ireland - Wife doesn't know yet so thats going to be an interesting conversation! :lol: Genuinely cannot wait as ive heard nothing but great things about it.

Welcome to the site. Obviously no problem getting two rifles of the same calibre ATW? PSNI must be very understanding. :)

last time i called them (few months back) they said to work away and put it on so im just going by that. worst comes to worst i can trade in the sako and put the money towards a good scope for this Sauer. my understanding is that i can work away and add it no problem

thanks everyone - going to oddly miss the early saturday mornings. might start doing a bit of morning foxing.

Back