Thread: The torture never stops...

The torture never stops...

Do these people not know when to stop? Actually they are not going to stop until they get things banned, get control of things, get control of people's lives and get more money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-10730222

I think the key line in the report is "Some incidents were therefore recorded as poisonings even if no body had been discovered."

Also after the almost weekly reports of dead red kites with hints or outright statements from the RSPB that they were poisoned by gamekeepers we find in this report that only 4 have been poisoned in the last year. So, how do they account for the almost weekly sensationalist reports of several kites being poisoned? As I said sometime back I suspect they are driving around the country with a frozen red kite that they thaw out when they need to pump out a press release.

what utter rubbish, I think some of these journalists/reporters/RSPCA would be better off writing science fiction, how can they possibly say that these birds were poisoned when there were no bodies, even Agatha Christie couldn't get round that one. Nesting raptors will not tolerate other raptors they can and will kill them, as for red kites the term raptor should be used loosely for over 90 per cent of there food consists of carrion and earhworms so if, say, a farmer/landowner puts poison down for rats and other vermin and the kites eat them its not going to work as a tonic for them is it? nor do I suppose that any of these birds died of old age or any other ailments, or cold wet weather that kills of more raptor young flighted birds than anything else, no its "look a dead kite, must have been poisoned", As I truly believe, utter rubbish and press sensationalism..... callie

Surely you arent insinuating that the RSPB make things up?

They wouldnt do something like that...
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

now, would I ever make such an insinuation ???

Well I've written to the BEEB expressing my disgust at them printing such and article that is full of innuendo and misleading comments. Not that it will make any difference of course but better to let them know than just ranting on here. We preach to the converted here.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmo Salar View Post
    Well I've written to the BEEB expressing my disgust at them printing such and article that is full of innuendo and misleading comments. Not that it will make any difference of course but better to let them know than just ranting on here. We preach to the converted here.
    Don't hold your breath. I wrote to them over the recent urban fox incident, where they cite members of LACS as 'wildlife experts', but I've yet to receive a reply.

So much for peer-reviewed, science-based evidence. Using the RSPB's approach would be like recording every missing person as another murder statistic. Sadly the press have been conditioned to treat every RSPB press release as unimpeachable.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!