Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kangaroo shooting in Oz

The Sky reporter wasn't very impartial with his use of language when describing the dispatching of the joey. I can't see the problem myself and would definately cull them if i lived there. A good source of meat and with an estimated 25million and their reporoduction rate, there would soon be plague proportions if left untouched.
    Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    The Sky reporter wasn't very impartial with his use of language when describing the dispatching of the joey. I can't see the problem myself and would definately cull them if i lived there. A good source of meat and with an estimated 25million and their reporoduction rate, there would soon be plague proportions if left untouched.
    Thanks for posting.
    Yes + 1 Thanks for posting most interesting article

I've eaten it a few times. It's not bad. I'd hunt them given the chance.

the Abbo's have been doing it for thousands of years, so where's the problem?

We sell loads of Kangaroo Burgers at summer shows & events, the british public love em I assure you, I think they like to just try somthing different.

We buy it in imported from Aussie Southern Game Meats.

Regs Lee

Hopping mad

I saw this the other day http://www.asylum.co.uk/2010/06/14/c...g-in-cornwall/
    I sense a holiday with the rifle coming up and wonder what lwcdart is paying per kilo

Just kidding folks my flo still doesnt believe wild boar are present in the uk so ive got no chance of getting kangers added to my licence as well.
    Cheeers
    Rick o shea

Out of interest what would be the status of Kangaroo's in the UK with regard to shooting them... If for example you had any other legal quarry on your FAC or similar...

Alex

I've shot plenty of them whilst living in Aus. Damn good hunting if on foot and no dogs, the greys are hard to see in the morning or eve and need to be fit to run the buggers down.
    Most people I knew used dogs and tbh thats just too easy, bit like using them on boar not exactly a challenge.
    As far as I know there are something like 2 x the amount of 'roos in Aus nowadays than when Capt. Cook set foot there, so numbers arn't exactly diminishing.

NickW:- It sounds like the Abbos prefer to hunt Big Macs these days