Thread: early day motions!

early day motions!

I'm sure Mike won't mind me helping disseminate this further,
    "I'D LIKE TO HELP YOU SON, BUT YOU'RE TOO YOUNG TO VOTE...."

(23/06/10) Recently two "Early Day Motions" have been put before parliament.
    Now while these motions rarely go further, they ARE a good way of finding out who our friends are - and the opposite.....! The first is by Keith Vaz MP "Firearms for under-18 year olds" and the second is by Bob Russell MP "Gun Licences for juveniles"
    If your MP has signed this motion, it would be a good thing to let him or her know - as a constituent - that in fact the shooting sports are safe and well regulated, and that this is appears to be a slur on young shooters who have done no wrong. A short, polite explanation of our sport - perhaps by using the BASC "E-Mail your MP" facility will help you, young shooters and the sport a great deal.
    Bill Wiggin MP has been very specific about contacting your MP, and whys- and he makes it clear that this is important - see Letter from an MP to Shooters.
    The constituencies of the MPs who have signed the EDMS are:

• Leicester East
    • North Tyneside
    • Luton North
    • Portsmouth South
    • Manchester Withington
    • Pendle
    • Hayes and Harlington
    • Bristol West
    • Mansfield
    • Gower
    • Heywood and Middleton
    • Liverpool Walton
    • Glasgow South West
    • Glenrothes
    • Colchester
    • Solihull
    • Stoke-on-Trent North
    • St Ives
    • Birmingham Yardley Over to you !
      , Is your MP going behind your back?
      my words not Mikes.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I'm sure Mike won't mind me helping disseminate this further,
    "I'D LIKE TO HELP YOU SON, BUT YOU'RE TOO YOUNG TO VOTE...."

(23/06/10) Recently two "Early Day Motions" have been put before parliament.
    Now while these motions rarely go further, they ARE a good way of finding out who our friends are - and the opposite.....! The first is by Keith Vaz MP "Firearms for under-18 year olds" and the second is by Bob Russell MP "Gun Licences for juveniles"
    If your MP has signed this motion, it would be a good thing to let him or her know - as a constituent - that in fact the shooting sports are safe and well regulated, and that this is appears to be a slur on young shooters who have done no wrong. A short, polite explanation of our sport - perhaps by using the BASC "E-Mail your MP" facility will help you, young shooters and the sport a great deal.
    Bill Wiggin MP has been very specific about contacting your MP, and whys- and he makes it clear that this is important - see Letter from an MP to Shooters.
    The constituencies of the MPs who have signed the EDMS are:

• Leicester East
    • North Tyneside
    • Luton North
    • Portsmouth South
    • Manchester Withington
    • Pendle
    • Hayes and Harlington
    • Bristol West
    • Mansfield
    • Gower
    • Heywood and Middleton
    • Liverpool Walton
    • Glasgow South West
    • Glenrothes
    • Colchester
    • Solihull
    • Stoke-on-Trent North
    • St Ives
    • Birmingham Yardley Over to you ! my words not Mikes.
    Finbear changes to the law will take place almost certainly from the 28th of this month whilst anyone under 18 can still get a certificate, anyone under 18 will not be allowed to purchase a shotgun or rifle or ammunition any certificate holder under 18 will need to be accompanied by an adult, I presume the adult will have to be a certificate holder but not certain.
    This an E.U directive and will almost certainly become law on 28/07/2010

, Is your MP going behind your back?
    ........... check out the list of signatories
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!