Thread: Norfolk rut

Norfolk rut

Out walking the dogs about 8.15 this morning on land I have permission to shoot over and watched a Roe buck tailing a doe.

He tailed her for few a minutes then she stood for him while he smelled and sniffed her and then a little bit of a chase. She stopped and he covered her twice and then they were off back into the woods.

I guess the rut is on in Norfolk, so good luck to Norfolk stalkers one and all

This was six miles NE of Norwich

ATB

Max

Nobody else seen any signs

Max

Yes Max but not in Norfolk. In East Yorkshire this evening I took a nice mature six point buck with a carcass weight of 45lbs. He was hot on the tail of a doe and after spotting them over 600 yards away in an uncut pea field I managed to get in to 155yards and he presented a shot off the bipod. Very exciting and rewarding stalk. Its certainly the earliest I have seen roe rutting in over ten years of stalking this area. I love this sport.

well their doing bugger all 20 miles south of norwich !

saw a buck and a doe in a field of barley on one of my permissions about 300 yds away , i used the fawn call , doe belted over like the clappers and the buck just hopped back through the boundary hedge !

how very frustrating !

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Maybe it was a one off lee or maybe the bucks on my ground just need a poke more than yours

ATB

Max

yeah could be mate !

well if i see that buck again in the next week or so , he wont rate what im gonna poke at him !

well ive made the decision , as im under no pressure to shoot the bucks on my ground ill wait and bide my time , and catch them towards the end and see what scuffy buggers i can find , or that have slipped under the wire , with the crop cover being high !

ATVB

lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.