Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Chinese water deer

  1. #1

    Chinese water deer

    Does anyone know what kind of cull and troPhy fees are associated with this species? And where it's available?

    Thanks in advance
    MJ

  2. #2
    mj,

    there is an old saying mate " IF YOU NEED TO ASK YOU CANT AFFORD"

    I enquired about shooting Cwd and it was the 800 mile trip that killed if for me.

    f.

  3. #3
    Contact Sako85, see if he can help. JC

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of cull and troPhy fees are associated with this species? And where it's available?

    Thanks in advance
    MJ
    prices will depend on who you go with and what you talk like,Woburn Abbey expect 1000 I have heard averages of around 600 I have a mate who will be selling them this season for 330 to 350,if you shop about you will find a deal to be had,be warned there the most boring deer there is to stalk

  5. #5
    Is it the case that they are boring to stalk? I confess to knowing nothing about them but have not heard this before. How so? I am interested. To me all species, and I have three here, all have their own quirks and delights and frustrations attached to stalking them.
    David

  6. #6
    Thanks for the replies.and PM's.

    I've never seen any cull and trophy prices published hence the question. I do have aspirations of stalking all 6 UK species but CWD seem to be the least common. Trophy prices seem much less than other species from what I've read so far.

    So, although the mrs may agree with you Frank, we shall see....... lol

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by long shot View Post
    be warned there the most boring deer there is to stalk
    As with anything considered exotic the price tag can be hefty for the unwary and the uninformed. Shop around, some good deals can be had from time to time. A hasty purchase is often the thing that costs you the most!

    Whilst not the most dynamic of deer species I wouldn't mark them down as the most boring deer to stalk. That honour must surly go to the now ubiquitous Muntjac.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Is it the case that they are boring to stalk? I confess to knowing nothing about them but have not heard this before. How so? I am interested. To me all species, and I have three here, all have their own quirks and delights and frustrations attached to stalking them.
    David
    Hi Davie, hope you are all well up there??? i went couple of years ago and managed a buck, different but easy when you start glassing the middle of the vast Bedfordshire fields instead of the trees as we are more used to, better fun with your 3 any day of the week....

    Nell

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of cull and troPhy fees are associated with this species? And where it's available?

    Thanks in advance
    MJ
    Drop Munty1 a pm mate he should be able to tell you al you need to know
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Whilst not the most dynamic of deer species I wouldn't mark them down as the most boring deer to stalk. That honour must surly go to the now ubiquitous Muntjac.
    You must be joking!
    Either that or you haven't stalked many Muntjac!
    They are a fantastic species to stalk - if you like a challenge that is?
    MS

Similar Threads

  1. Chinese water deer
    By bambi308 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20-03-2012, 18:27
  2. Wanted Chinese water deer and muntjac combo
    By Anders in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-12-2010, 12:31
  3. Chinese Water Deer stalking
    By 75 in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 07:38
  4. Question about Chinese Water Deer
    By blueboar in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-10-2008, 13:09
  5. chinese water deer
    By stone in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 19-02-2008, 21:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •