Fallow hummel

Shot a few over the years, only one Perruque though. Got one really odd head in the freezer though, will put a pic up once I’ve had chance to boil it out.

We shot two Fallow bucks this season that were 90-100 Lbs yet had very short stumps as antlers. They were not "hummles" but were not right for their size. A lot of RTA's around our way so might have been something to do with that, but no sign of past injury on either beast.

We shot two Fallow bucks this season that were 90-100 Lbs yet had very short stumps as antlers. They were not "hummles" but were not right for their size. A lot of RTA's around our way so might have been something to do with that, but no sign of past injury on either beast.
this lad had no abrormalities though his nuts were rather shriveled up

This fallow head is an animal "going back" (past his best).In previous seasons he has had antlers as shown by the coronets.Shriveled testicles would depend on time of year and also age Definition of a hummel is a male who has never had antlers but they are fertile during the season
If you look at his teeth you will find considerable wear.

No hummels, but an estate where I shoot fallow has a lot of asymmetrically antlered fallow. In quite a few, they'll have full palmation on one side and just a little spike on the other. And they seem heavier than similarly aged animals with symmetrical antlers.

Thought I'd reopen this thread as I'm pretty intrigued about fallow hummels. Ive shot 2 hummels in the same 10 acre woods in 2 years. IMG_6973.jpgIMG_4868.jpgt

The first pic is one I shot last night, the second is from last year. Shot in the exact same spot at the same time of the year, both heading towards a rutting stand in the adjacent woodland. Both weighed bang on 40kg with the skin on but no heads or legs. Made me wonder if its potentially genetical? I didn't keep the stumps off last years one but have sawn this years ones of to keep in my antler collection!

Thought I'd reopen this thread as I'm pretty intrigued about fallow hummels. Ive shot 2 hummels in the same 10 acre woods in 2 years. View attachment 88702View attachment 88703t

The first pic is one I shot last night, the second is from last year. Shot in the exact same spot at the same time of the year, both heading towards a rutting stand in the adjacent woodland. Both weighed bang on 40kg with the skin on but no heads or legs. Made me wonder if its potentially genetical? I didn't keep the stumps off last years one but have sawn this years ones of to keep in my antler collection!

Sorry to bust your bubble but is know Hummel over the years I've shot literally hundreds like that which is perfectly Normal

Ok.... I didn't have any bubble I was wondering more what actually causes it rather saying that they were some kind of rare occurrence? Congrats for your explanation that literally taught me nothing.
Sorry to bust your bubble but is know Hummel over the years I've shot literally hundreds like that which is perfectly Normal

Ok.... I didn't have any bubble I was wondering more what actually causes it rather saying that they were some kind of rare occurrence? Congrats for your explanation that literally taught me nothing.

Pleased to be of some help.
With a attitude like yours work it out for yourself. :finger:

Perhaps if you don't talk down to people you might get better responses pal. You get what you give and all that. :tiphat:

I was not talking down at all . Just stating facts of personal experiences of Culling thousands of Fallow.
Perhaps if you noted the weight age etc it would tell it's a run of the mill Rubbish Pricket and for record I'm not your " Pal " i was trying to educate/ help. Which is obviously wasted on you

I must be missing the part where you tried to say anything educational. All you seem concerned with on most of your posts is stating how many fallow you shoot each year... and that's not just on this thread. Well done though, I'm surprised you have the time for stalking directory if you're shooting that many deer a year.

Just for your interest, the areas I shoot in sussex/Kent I've not shot a spiked pricket that weighed over 35kg.

I was not talking down at all . Just stating facts of personal experiences of Culling thousands of Fallow.
Perhaps if you noted the weight age etc it would tell it's a run of the mill Rubbish Pricket and for record I'm not your " Pal " i was trying to educate/ help. Which is obviously wasted on you

Back