Thread: Seeking advice on Boar Hunting

Account Suspended

Seeking advice on Boar Hunting

So, keen stalker though I am, I've had one taste of Boar Hunting in Poland. I liked it a lot but the trip didn't go as well as might have been hoped. Very bad taste left in mouth. The Polish Forest Authority (and all it's representatives) were great but the sporting agency I chose to go with was not good... on various levels, which I don't really feel any need to discuss further.

The upshot is, I'd like to try again but not sure who best to use or how best to go about it.

Any advice... please?

As far as I know, you can only legally hunt in Poland if you are going there through a registered hunting agency. Any UK outfit offering you driven boar hunt in Polnad has to arrange it through another Polish agancy, or via forest authority, which has its own agency. Therefore you end up paying twice for the same thing. Why not to contact any Polish hunting agency directly? I guess you will most likely end up arranging EU firearms pass yourself, but you will cut the middle man. I am sure you can find someone speaking good English in one of the agancies. Just a thought.

Greg

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by glogin View Post
    As far as I know, you can only legally hunt in Poland if you are going there through a registered hunting agency. Any UK outfit offering you driven boar hunt in Polnad has to arrange it through another Polish agancy, or via forest authority, which has its own agency. Therefore you end up paying twice for the same thing. Why not to contact any Polish hunting agency directly? I guess you will most likely end up arranging EU firearms pass yourself, but you will cut the middle man. I am sure you can find someone speaking good English in one of the agancies. Just a thought.

Greg
    Thanks Glogin. I kinda already came to the conclusion that a direct approach might be best.

So, I'm already in touch with locals in Milomlyn... which has been most revealing.

Probably finish up in a high seat though, rather than driven... but hey ho... it's all good.

Cheers

Tom.

Milomlyn is about 20 miles down the road from where I used to stay. Nice area.

ATB

Greg

there's a trip to bulgaria going in december if you're pig fever in running hot, pm [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]www.yorkshireroestalking.[/COLOR]

There's a trip to Croatia in early November with vacancies, all inclusive price and well organised, run by Frank Ille of Basswood.
    Then the second part of November there are a few vacancies with Tommo of Artemis hunting, same deal all in, five days with three days shooting.

Account Suspended
    Thanks guys.

I've loads to consider now.

Regards

Tom.

Boar

Driven Boar on a private park in france, www.sanctuarysporting.com i can recommend them, but i dont know what their prices are like at present ?

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by neilgavin View Post
    Driven Boar on a private park in france, www.sanctuarysporting.com i can recommend them, but i dont know what their prices are like at present ?
    I shoot .30-06, on boar.

The French still class that as "calibre militaire", I think. So, it's banned for civillian use there.

Which rules France out, unless the prefecture allows my 6.5-284, in which case I might be in business.

But thanks for the link.
    Last edited by Tamus; 27-07-2010 at 10:30.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by neilgavin View Post
    Ha... Sanctuary sporting are near Angers

I stayed there as an agri-student... many years ago, keep telling the missus what a lovely area it is and how we really should go there sometime.

Very fond of Anjou wines too...

Maybe need to give this one some more thought... unusual style of hunts though... they tell you which beast to actually cull... hmmm!... Definitely different.
    Last edited by Tamus; 27-07-2010 at 10:57.