Thread: DSC1 courses

DSC1 courses

Hi,

done a quick search on here on this and rang up Heartwood in Shrewsbury earlier about the course but just wanted to see if there was any other places where i could sit the course local to me in Hereford as i would travel everyday for it, prepared to travel a couple hours for it and also whats the going price for the course

thanks Richard
    UK GUNWORKS customized 260 AI on a Remmy 700 Blue printed action, Border barrel 1/8 twist, McMillan Hunter stock, Third eye sound mod, 20MOA rail, Rings and bolt knob, Zeiss Conquest 6-20x50 scope

I thought BDS ran it in Cirencester probably on their web site

i just rang David Stretton @ Donnington Deer Management, nice chap very helpful and cheaper than Heartwood.

Will have a look around more and in the mean time keep reading up ready for the course

atb Richard
    UK GUNWORKS customized 260 AI on a Remmy 700 Blue printed action, Border barrel 1/8 twist, McMillan Hunter stock, Third eye sound mod, 20MOA rail, Rings and bolt knob, Zeiss Conquest 6-20x50 scope

I can recommend David's option wholeheartedly!......... an added plus was the food (when I attended)
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I can recommend David's option wholeheartedly!......... an added plus was the food (when I attended)
    yes he did seem a nice chap, i was asking him about which calibre to go for, he was very helpful, he holds the courses every 2 months or so, next one is 9-12 Aug, a bit soon for me so prob book the next one in October.

Just got to swot up and look at which caliber to go for

Just got to swot up and look at which caliber to go for

I am obviously biased, but what about .270Winchester, or something in 7mm?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I am obviously biased, but what about .270Winchester, or something in 7mm?
    i know Adamant and he's already suggested the 260, 270, i was looking at 243, 6.5x55.

whatever i make my mind on it needs to be suitable for all sizes of deer as it'll be my only stalking rifle and have to keep it.

I have my 223 for vermin and foxes and do a lot of long range dailed in shooting so thought the .243 would be good for the same but deer legal too, just need to have a wee think on it before i put my variation in.

Also i dont have my own land with deer on but i go stalking in Chippenham with a friend who'll provide a letter for me until i get my own stalking permission which i am trying to source locally to me if i can, but Adam and others have nicked it all

been recommended "UK Deer Management Services", checked there web page out, it looks like a good reliable firm, will give them a ring tomorrow and see what they have on offer, will be for me and a friend

Hi Richard

Have you seen this post?

DSC Level 1 Course Assessment - Hampshire

Cheers

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!