DSC1 courses

snowz

Hi,

done a quick search on here on this and rang up Heartwood in Shrewsbury earlier about the course but just wanted to see if there was any other places where i could sit the course local to me in Hereford as i would travel everyday for it, prepared to travel a couple hours for it and also whats the going price for the course

thanks Richard

i just rang David Stretton @ Donnington Deer Management, nice chap very helpful and cheaper than Heartwood.

Will have a look around more and in the mean time keep reading up ready for the course

atb Richard

I can recommend David's option wholeheartedly!......... an added plus was the food (when I attended):)

yes he did seem a nice chap, i was asking him about which calibre to go for, he was very helpful, he holds the courses every 2 months or so, next one is 9-12 Aug, a bit soon for me so prob book the next one in October.

Just got to swot up and look at which caliber to go for:confused::eek::lol:

I am obviously biased, but what about .270Winchester, or something in 7mm?:D

i know Adamant and he's already suggested the 260, 270, i was looking at 243, 6.5x55.

whatever i make my mind on it needs to be suitable for all sizes of deer as it'll be my only stalking rifle and have to keep it.

I have my 223 for vermin and foxes and do a lot of long range dailed in shooting so thought the .243 would be good for the same but deer legal too, just need to have a wee think on it before i put my variation in.

Also i dont have my own land with deer on but i go stalking in Chippenham with a friend who'll provide a letter for me until i get my own stalking permission which i am trying to source locally to me if i can, but Adam and others have nicked it all:lol::lol:

been recommended "UK Deer Management Services", checked there web page out, it looks like a good reliable firm, will give them a ring tomorrow and see what they have on offer, will be for me and a friend

Back