Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andy's Bucks

Andy's Bucks

Hi All
    My stalking mate Andy and I have never stalked in the Roe rut together, because we both work long hours through the summer and trying to escape at the same time has never happened.

So this year as Andy had never seen a buck called we both booked a weekend off at the same time.

The plan was to stalk some of my ground Saturday afternoon/evening and then stalk a new bit Sunday morning.

We ended not stalking the new bit due to a "rave" going on at next farm which started Saturday afternoon and was still going on when we left Sunday morning

We managed to shoot three buck's and walked away from another. Here's a couple of videos and pictures I took.

Cheers Wayne

jammy gits .. well done.

atb f.

very nice

well done chaps.Two nice buck!

Great wee vids and very good shooting well done the both of you.

Well done Andy nicly taken and Wayne, good camera work, don’t tell me special field again!!

atb

smithy

Quote Originally Posted by smithp18 View Post
    Well done Andy nicly taken and Wayne, good camera work, donít tell me special field again!!

atb

smithy
    Hi Smithy We did get a little cull buck in the "special field" but I didnt get chance to film it
    He came out the far end of the field and came very slowly but did react to the call, I was sat at the bottom on the seat as it was a single. I was thinking get him a bit closer then put the camera on.
    As the light was going a bit Andy had other idea's the buck stood broadside by a bush he had already ranged at 180 yards "bang" and he fell over ruined my fun

Cheers Wayne

Great shooting and photography. From an American standpoint those deer are very odd looking but graceful. Rather long legged for their body? Now, I want to ask a question without causing offense. To me, both of these deer were killed well: A deer with no heart or lungs is a dead deer whether is travels a few yards or not. But so many times on this board (and others) I have been gently admonished for even suggesting that any shot that doesn't drop a deer dead in it's tracks wasn't worth taking.(eg: off hand shooting) Too many "runners" I was told. Where are those folks now?

Again, I'm not trying to diminish any part of that fine hunt and I couldn't have done better myself, but I think some folks have been leading me on, maybe? ~Muir

A couple of nice clips there fellas well done