Thread: Some stalking advice please

Some stalking advice please

Hi all, I own a 22.250 which I use for foxing. Im interested in deer stalking and wondered if I would be able to pay for a weekend stalking Muntjac? (realsie its the only deer I can shoot with this calibre in the UK). Can anyone point me in the right direction or suggest someone I could arrange this through? Would I need to have deer on my ticket?

thanks Steve

You would need a condition on there allowing you to shoot deer. Its not hard to get added on there, just give the police a ring.

I would think you could use the estates rifle as long as it was an accompanied stalk

Dan

You can shoot Roe Deer in scotland but only if you class that as part of the uk and i am sure CWD are on its list down south

Quote Originally Posted by Choc View Post
    You can shoot Roe Deer in scotland but only if you class that as part of the uk
    Why would beautiful englandshire want to be associated with a third world country?

Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    Why would beautiful englandshire want to be associated with a third world country?
    I agree - on this basis can you please ensure that all the do gooders who crawl out of England every year, many in motorised caravan things, stay in Englandshire and stop driving around Scotland pointing at things they want changed? English people seem to think that the Scots are rather prone to using bad language and rather door, in truth it is only the English that think this and being Irish I've never experienced it :-)

Hey, you asked for it...

Quite correct...........you can shoot CWD and Munties South of the border and Roe in Scotland.............your 22.250 will be ample given the correct load..........I shoot a .223..............you will need to send your ticket in to the old bill to have the condition added.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    So you can pretend you've still got an Empire, maybe?

And, btw... Scotland's not third world... more... out of this world.

That'll be why so many damned English accents fill up the peace and quiet here, I guess.

where are you in the country? maybe one of your local members might help with a bit of mentoring

Quote Originally Posted by Ogive View Post
    So you can pretend you've still got an Empire, maybe?

And, btw... Scotland's not third world... more... out of this world.

That'll be why so many damned English accents fill up the peace and quiet here, I guess.
    Eh? I don't believe in this empire myth. Apparently we own another country too called Wales. But when you search the history books and sporting almanacs you never hear of anywhere called Wales do you???

Hi, im in Wrexham North Wales, there are 2 of us interested in getting into stalking.....Any offers out there? My FAC is pretty good so could probably get it added to my licence easily enough. Cheers