Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: permission to shoot form

permission to shoot form

I have just filled out my first fac application, when I collected the forms the copper couldn't find the permission to shoot forms for a landowner to fill in. He said a letter from the landowner would be fine. I have explained trhis to the landowner who has agreed that I write the letter and he signs it.

My question is: what info do they need on the letter?

acerage? roads? caliber used etc?

thanks

manco,

you nailed it mate, as much data as possible always helps.
    i blah blah give blah permission to shoot vermin name.......and deer/piggies if any on my land size ........ the calibre size is irrelevant i would think as a farmers not likely to know that.

sure someone will post a link to a full form but thats all i got and it worked.

atb f.

This is what i used.....
    AMMENDED...WHAT ABOUT THIS THEN.
    AUTHORITY TO SHOOT

I (name)………………………… of (farm) ………………………………………

In my capacity as, Landowner, Tenant, Estate Manager, Game Keeper (delete)

Address …………………………………………
    …………………………………………
    …………………………………………
    …………………………………………
    Postcode …………………………………………

Telephone No ………………………………. Mobile No …………………………

I Authorize,
    blah blah blah, to control Vermin, Corvids, Deer, Fox and Game, using any legal method including, shotguns and rifles of suitable calibre on land owned by me.

Relevant liability insurance
    MUST be obtained (S.A.C.S or Similar) by all parties.
    1. Additional shooters are ONLY permitted when accompanied by the above named
    Person or instructed by same.
    2. Lamping permitted/not permitted.
    3. This authority remains in force until terminated by myself or appointed agent.
    4. This authority does/does not offer sole shooting rights to the land described above.

Signed ………………………………………

Print ………………………………………
    Dated ………………………………………
    Now you can change any off the wording that you desire, copy it and paste it to word doc and print, dont forget to puy your name where it says blah blah blah, hope this what ure after.
    Last edited by mayfly; 27-07-2010 at 20:29.

Just a thought re. the above.

Why go into the all the detail about what species, type, season etc. you are allowed to shoot? Doesn't it just make a rod for your own back if in the future another one comes on the scene and you have to go through the whole process again?

Why not, unless the landowner specifically requests otherwise, just put 'any lawful quarry', (sound familiar ), and maybe add 'any suitable/lawful calibre' if you feel like it.

hi
    i write a letter for the farmer to sign and it goes something like this.
    i give permission to mr ---------- to control vermin deer and foxes using any legal method including, shotguns and rifles of suitable calibre on land owned by me at (smiths farm) signed and dated.

a leave a copy with the farmer with my mobile and home telephone numbers, in the past i have included a map that clearly shows the boundary.

cheers geoff

B.A.S.C has forms to download,look on their web site.

I have never heard of needing an actual permission letter, just filled in the bit on the application form about where you have permission to shoot along with a phone number / address so they can speak to them if they want

Dan

This is a copy of my standard permission letter, just adjust to suit circumstances.

Grant of Permission to Control Deer & Vermin

This is to confirm that:

insert your name (of)
    insert your address

Has in the form of this written notice, duly signed & authorised by me, been granted permission to control using legal calibre centrefire & rimfire rifle & shotgun, Deer & Vermin on land situated at:

insert land address

By myself:

insert land owners name (of)
    insert land owner’s address

Being the rightful and legal owner of the above-mentioned land.

I understand that insert your name when on the land will adhere to any rules or restrictions given by me, the landowner stated above.

Signed: ………………………………………..

Dated: …………………………………………
    Last edited by Chris Rob; 28-07-2010 at 10:46. Reason: Spelling, muppet!
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

I use the BASC one (perhaps overkill with photos etc.)

Document Summary

And if you're not a BASC member you can just *******ise it...

edit:
    (Oh, cunning, I didn't realise the forum **** out illigitimate children)

It is important to note that in the BASC specimen there is a lack of confusion of terms concerning owners of land, tenants and so on.

Permission to do something can be validly granted only by someone who is entitled to do so. This might be the landowner, or the tenant, or indeed someone completely different.

For example, Mayfly's specimen invites, amongst others, tenant and gamekeepers to grant permission on land that they own. In both cases, that land might be non-existent.