Thread: 2008 Defender 90 Hardtop 2.4tdci

2008 Defender 90 Hardtop 2.4tdci

Owned from new. 12470 miles. Full LRSH. LR warranty end Feb 2011. Taxed Feb 2011. Very clean inside and out. Unmarked Italian made quality alloys with BFG A/T's and the original steel wheels and tyres with delivery miles. CD/Radio, elec windows, and C/locking. Tonga Green. Tow Pack, Rear step bumper, drop down front nudge bar.
    15750. INC VAT.
    Any questions please ask.
    Last edited by martinl; 27-07-2010 at 21:19.

thats cheap! wish i could justify a landrover as my primary car!!

I'll be putting it on autotrader in a few weeks, I might ask for 16500!!!!

Has it had ALL the recalls done... sump replaced, clutch, ECU upgrade, does it leak, does the gearbox rattle, does the vacuum pump leak, does the fuel cap suck in rainwater and has it had the breather pipe repositioned, are the headlamp rings rusted through, is there any rust on the sidesteps, is the 2 small vents under the grille flaked, is the body in line with the chassis, is the heated windscreen working on more than 60% of the elements?

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Has it had ALL the recalls done... sump replaced, clutch, ECU upgrade, does it leak, does the gearbox rattle, does the vacuum pump leak, does the fuel cap suck in rainwater and has it had the breather pipe repositioned, are the headlamp rings rusted through, is there any rust on the sidesteps, is the 2 small vents under the grille flaked, is the body in line with the chassis, is the heated windscreen working on more than 60% of the elements?
    You forgot the common rail blow off valve LOL.

TBH I think many of the issues you mentioned were only found on the 07/57 models, the 08 having many sorted, eg sump fuel breather, cap etc.
    Or is this a 57?

It had a recall last year for the something to do with the Park Brake seal although I never had a problem. Yes the side steps are a little rusty. Yes when I power wash it there are some small bits of water, mainly in the back.
    As for all the other stuff you mention I have to say, THIS VEHICLE IS UNDER WARRANTY AND AS BEEN SERVICED WHEN REQUIRED AT MY LANDROVER DEALER (Frank Oggs of Elgin) . Washed and polished regularly and is very low miles.
    Oh dont worry about the body and chassis alignment, I'll just book it in for a laser alignment and wind tunnel check.
    And I'm just about to go out and steam up the back window for a heating element percentage check.

Any more question please ..................

you need a Diahatsu , mitsi or Nissan bud

Now sold.