Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good morning from the North East

Good morning from the North East

Good Morning all,

As I've lurked for a month or two I thought I should do the decent thing and introduce myself.

I have no experience of stalking at all, that's why I thought I'd join the forum for a more focused area to ask questions and learn what I should be doing. I've joined the BDS and bought the DSC1 manual which hopefully will stop me pestering you with daft questions!

I'm due to spend a week on the West coast of Scotland in early August. The chap that owns the holiday cottage also has 600 acres of woodland stalking. His prices seem very reasonable, so I'm hoping to be able to accompany him on a few stalks.

Just to keep admin happy, I should say that I live in County Durham. As for calibres, although I have a FAC & SGC, I don't have any deer calibres yet. That's one of the reasons why I joined, to try and find the most suitable set up.

Other interests are rough shooting, wildfowling, gundogs etc.

I look forward to bumping into you on the forum

All the best

Chris

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    welcome to the site mate nice place b/castle have a few mates who stay their

Hi Chris

Welcome to the forum.

Hi Chris
    I live in Newcastle and have been stalking for about 5yrs now. Totally addicted, nothing like it! I was a shotgun man for 15 years shooting pigeons, vermin control, and pigeons.
    Got my FAC and got myself a .22 RF for plinking bunnies, great fun. Then also a .222 that I used for fox control, even better fun and also have .243 that I use for deer (the ultimate experience)
    I'm sure the guy you are going out with will show you the ropes and make you feel at ease? I would be prepared to spend all of your hard earned cash buying every piece of kit, gadget and gizmo relating to stalking once the bug gets a hold of you. Then trying the rest of your days trying to decide what to leave in your bag or at home!
    Have a great time mate
    Nick

You will be fine and welcomed on here,
    somewhere on this site almost all you will ever need to know will be there ot spend time trawlling the posts.
    just ask away for advice, we all did what you are doing satring from scratch and had plenty of help on the way.

smithy

Thanks for the warm welcome, it's much appreciated

I'll be keeping away from impulse purchases for the time being. To be honest, I think I probably enjoy the research more than the purchase. Particularly if it means parting with huge sums of money...... which it usually does
    Chris

Nice to see another stalker from the northeast,Welcome mate.
    ATB John

Quote Originally Posted by charliefox View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome, it's much appreciated

I'll be keeping away from impulse purchases for the time being. To be honest, I think I probably enjoy the research more than the purchase. Particularly if it means parting with huge sums of money...... which it usually does
    So true. Better to travel than to arrive...as they say.
    I envy you your journey though.
    Cheers.

Welcome to the site Chris

There's no such things as a stupid question, if your not sure just ask there's lots of knowledgeable people on here who will be more than happy to advise/help.

Good luck on the stalks.
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Welcome from the cockney living in Consett.