Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAC Shotgun

FAC Shotgun

I've got the opportunity to purchase a FAC shotgun which will come in handy for the pigeons & wondered do you treat it as you would any other variation or are there any quirks to applying for these?

Cheers

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Any other variation. Plod will require proof that you need it for lots of vermin destruction though. A letter from a farmer stating he's over run with them will help lots. A simple "I want it because it will come in handy" probably isn't enough "good reason". Phone your local fire arms team and ask them. They're there to help.

I believe that friends of mine that have them use "avian control" on the application. I would be less specific then you can use it for what you want rather than be restricted. Alternatively you could brush up on your shooting then you wont need to fife so many shots.

A friend has a ten shot on ticket, primarily as a practical shotgunner, but he also has a specific condition on ticket to use it for pigeon.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

As the others have said, as long as you have a reason then it shoudn't be a problem. Have Clay target shooting put on the conditions of use though as well as vermin. A lot of bigger clay shoots won't let you use a FAC gun but you might come across one that will. Also, don't forget that, if you breach the conditions (and get caught) you will be for the high jump, wildfowling might be an example. I was talking to the Police about the problem of cowboys using s/guns on muntjac drives (yes this still goes on!), they said that as the shotguns/deer/farmers defence etc was a legal minefield, they would go for anyone using a section one shotgun and pursue the breach of conditions aspect. JC

rabbit controle with ferrets was mine not a problem

Might be a good time to also get some 12 bore slugs on your FAC as well. They can come in useful for all kinds of things including humane killing.

Quote Originally Posted by pete evans View Post
    Alternatively you could brush up on your shooting then you wont need to fife so many shots.
    Thanks for that Pete I really wanted it when in the hide & roost shooting later on in the year as its a pain having to reload every 3 shots when they are flocking in as they are at the moment!

Cheers

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by lee-stroud View Post
    rabbit controle with ferrets was mine not a problem
    Yep I will put rabbit control on as well Lee, thanks for that.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rob View Post
    Thanks for that Pete I really wanted it when in the hide & roost shooting later on in the year as its a pain having to reload every 3 shots when they are flocking in as they are at the moment!

Cheers

Chris
    Chris
    there is also the other side of things, you do get tempted to shoot at the same pigeon 5 times and still miss
    and also a ball ache loading/unloading 5 shells
    I do luv my 5 shot thou, especially for foxing