Variation has come through

groach1234

Fantastic news!!!! The post has come and my variation has come through just as i asked. I got granted .223 and 6.5x55 both with sound mods and 120 hold 100 buy and they are both open :D:cool: (not bad for my first centre fires and only holding an FAC since October last year) Now i need to get some cash sorted to rush off to the gun shops and see what they can do me for what cost.

George

George, congrats mate, but take off those runni'n shoes mate!, slow down & spend wisely.

Don't worry i wont be rushing too fast am going to head off to a couple of local RFDs to price up set ups then compare to gun trader.

Personally i'd wait and browse the classified section here. There are some bargains to be had.

Its always a bit harder being a lefty but will give it a look.

George

Great news George. When is your trip up north? I'm going to the shoot on Sunday so might call in at yours if you're about?

DC

Go on the 7th so that's a week on saturday i think. Let me know if you are going to be about, it shouldn't be long until the birds come in now.

George

Its strange that 10 months ago i didn't have a FAC full stop and now have slots for .22lr .17hmr .223 and 6.5x55 its a crazy world :smug:

George

Nice one George!

Was it you who was having a serious mull over calibres a couple of months back? If I remember correctly you needed to shoot Fpx and small Deer but were thinking of Reds too and possibly abroad?

If so the 6.5 is a great all round choice. I'm pleased they let you have it.

Nice one George!

Was it you who was having a serious mull over calibres a couple of months back? If I remember correctly you needed to shoot Fpx and small Deer but were thinking of Reds too and possibly abroad?

If so the 6.5 is a great all round choice. I'm pleased they let you have it.

That was me yeah 1 rifle fox, and roe and some reds fallow and sika but not so many. Not sure how well it would work out as a single rifle so put in for .223 in the future but i was granted 6.5x55 for fox and deer so i'm happy with that as the first and will with any luck have it all sorted as im booked on a couple of reds in the week from the 7th to 14th of august. I can't rate north yorkshire highly enough for granting me what i was after in decent time.

George

well done on the variation you must have impressed the feo an open ticket in just 10 monthes good going
up here in aberdeenshire it usually takes 5 years on our renewal to get a open or pass leval 2
((((unless the feo is your dad))):lol:
well done and enjoy the swede when it comes home
bruxie

Well done george hope the letter helped.
regards john.

Yes john it certainly did, thanks. I will get around to booking some more stalking with you but unfortunately i have just returned home with a new tikka t3 s/s in 6.5x55 with S&B 8x56 sat on top and am skint in a major way right now but i don't seem to care :D

George

Back