Thread: Minox Scopes

Minox Scopes

Other than a thread on here i can find very little about them, MINOX Germany: Overview Riflescopes anyone got any more info??

Their top end binos get top reviews for being as near as you can get to swaro S&B at a reasonable price. I notive they are made with schott glass same as swaros etc so I would imagine they should be tip top.

Dave

I believe they were launched in the UK at the CLA Gamefair just gone. I am keen to find out who the dealers are and the asking price. I was sent a .pdf from MINOX but the information contained was exactly the same as that on the website link that rooster has posted above.

I will want to have a close look at the scopes as I've been delighted with my binos.
    Last edited by Gunner; 28-07-2010 at 16:52. Reason: spelling

I spent an age on the Minox stand at the CLA talking to the rep' from Germany. I love my Minox HG binos and was interested in seeing what the scopes were like, given they are made with the same glass as Zeiss use - I'd say they are easily as good in daylight as the Zeiss Victory I have on my .270 and better than the Meopta I have on my .300.

I went and had a good play with the 4-20x50 model on the Viking stand (currently the only one in the UK) and was impressed enough to order one. They'll be available in September and the best bit is..............the top of the range model I've ordered will retail at 850! Their strategy is to market the scopes aggressively to gain a foothold in the UK, which is seen as having big potential for Minox - any gunshop will be able to order them for the same keen price apparently, plus they'll be available through camera outlets too.

Very nice scopes indeed!

Adam.

All sounds good, great price, great glass!! Very light too going by the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post

I went and had a good play with the 4-20x50 model on the Viking stand (currently the only one in the UK) and was impressed enough to order one. They'll be available in September and the best bit is..............the top of the range model I've ordered will retail at 850!
    I hate Europe. All bloody taxes and silly prices. Minox ZA5 4-20x50 retails at $699 in the US which is about 440...

Greg

I looked at them at the CLA and have a brochure. 1" tube but liked the 1/8 adjustment. No illuminated options. Lifetime no quibble guarantee.

IMO zeiss looked much better, but a lot more expensive.

D