Folding knife

Buck 110 for me. It's my "go to" knife for everything. Always on my belt - never go anywhere without it.

Incidentally, I bought a couple of mora knives after reading so much good about them on here, but not impressed to be honest.

I haven't looked further than the Buck 110
It only needs a few sweeps on the steel after a gralloch to stay razor sharp
Often after use on legs and heads
Safe in your pocket and weighty enough to notice if it's missing
Doubtless there'll be better but I recommend Buck

Leatherman Nethalem bit big for the smaller deer but holds a good edge though won't pass the hygiene police.
open it up throw it in the dishwasher.

My favourite knife is a The Bushcraft Store (TBF) Boar folder. Mine is the non-lock (probably not recommended for everyone but I wanted an EDC legal knife), I think they do lock too. The blades are excellent, hold a really good edge and are just as good if not better than my main knife, a Helle.

Svord folding knife-i have mine in orange with plastic handles.It can be stripped and it does have and hold a good edge-very light but really strong.

Buck Bantam. It's not a "true" Buck knife, they just market them under their name. I've had one of the small size ones for some time now and I've found it to be a great little knife. All my stalking at the moment is roe and muntjack, so I can't comment on its suitability for the larger species, but when it comes to slitting the belly and detatching the internal organs, there's not really all that much difference.
I've found that it holds an edge very well, and it's easy to touch upp on the sharpening steel or stone.
Go Outdoors has them in a couple of sizes.

Still got my Kershaw by Ken Onion - have had it for many years now. Opens with one hand, has a clip which keeps it secure on the edge of a pocket or on your belt. Easy to sharpen and keeps a very good edge. Many others have come and gone - this one's still here! Sorry, no idea what it would cost, but I doubt it would be over budget.

Thank you all. After quite a bit of research on all the suggestions, I now have a Benchmade Griptilian 551 winging its way towards me (hopefully by post rather than at speed). I'll you know once I've had a chance to test it out properly!

All best,

Z.

Back