Thankyou

CAM

I would just like to say a big thankyou to Lincolnshire Police in sorting my variation out quickly.:lol:

NO I DIDN'T. They were very understanding and being calm about it with them helps!

You have no idea what your talking about :rolleyes: you really don't.

Even before moving back to Lincolnshire I tried to get things sorted out so the move would go smoothly. But no despite a site meeting to discuss security some 6 weeks before the move they were obstructive and dictatorial. That was over 5 years ago and since then they have wasted thousands of Police man hours trying to restrict my hobby. Like TWO FEO's here for over 8 hours to count and check ammunition. Helen and Frank here for 4 hours before they got up and walked out in a huff after one of the HBSA council pointed out they were not obeying the Home Office Guide lines, rules or even the law.. :lol: They ever tried saying I had not informed them I had moved :rofl: and the certificate clearly states that it's the issuing authority that must be informed and this I did. So Lincs tried to get Surrey to say I had not done so. However the FAX I sent them proved this to be a lie.

OK I have more than the usual number of firearms but it's all within the law so what is their problem apart from the fact they don't like US shooters having guns at all. Frank says he does see why anyone needs guns! They did a one for one quickly for me once and got thanked for it. Helen sat in our front room and said if I wished to swop the guns that she will ALLOW me to shoot around then just pop it in and we will do it straight away or at least as soon as they can. Like 3 months later straight away it seems. Oh she also said they do not make errors or mistakes :rofl: now that has to be the laugh of the century.

You have no idea what your talking about :rolleyes: you really don't.

Even before moving back to Lincolnshire I tried to get things sorted out so the move would go smoothly. But no despite a site meeting to discuss security some 6 weeks before the move they were obstructive and dictatorial. That was over 5 years ago and since then they have wasted thousands of Police man hours trying to restrict my hobby. Like TWO FEO's here for over 8 hours to count and check ammunition. Helen and Frank here for 4 hours before they got up and walked out in a huff after one of the HBSA council pointed out they were not obeying the Home Office Guide lines, rules or even the law.. :lol: They ever tried saying I had not informed them I had moved :rofl: and the certificate clearly states that it's the issuing authority that must be informed and this I did. So Lincs tried to get Surrey to say I had not done so. However the FAX I sent them proved this to be a lie.

OK I have more than the usual number of firearms but it's all within the law so what is their problem apart from the fact they don't like US shooters having guns at all. Frank says he does see why anyone needs guns! They did a one for one quickly for me once and got thanked for it. Helen sat in our front room and said if I wished to swop the guns that she will ALLOW me to shoot around then just pop it in and we will do it straight away or at least as soon as they can. Like 3 months later straight away it seems. Oh she also said they do not make errors or mistakes :rofl: now that has to be the laugh of the century.
Do you think you may have rubbed someone up the wrong way then:stir:
:rofl:

Well i wish i lived up your way ! I had my interview yeterday :confused: well i dont know if im comeing or going, i asked for 243 cal for Fox and paid deer stalking. Officer wants a reciept for a days stalking before he thinks he can grant it for deer :?: . He may give me open cert for my Rimfire but i will have to wait a couple of months before i can have the open for 243 cal.

Dekit

Last edited:
Well i wish i lived up your way ! I had my interview yeterday :confused: well i dont know if im comeing or going, i asked for 243 cal for Fox and paid deer stalking. Officer wants a reciept for a days stalking before he thinks he can grant it for deer :?: . He may give me open cert for my Rimfir but i will have to wait a couple of months before i can have the open for 243 cal.

Dekit

The person who issues FAC's is not the FEO/FLO. It is the Chief of Police, usually a Chief Constable. The FEO is simply an admin gopher, usually a retired officer out on a biff chit for dropping a paperclip on his foot or something similar. What is this idiot talking about with two months before changing conditions? I appreciate that new applicants don't want to rock the boat but you must stand up for yourself or you make it harder for everyone. Imagine if MoT's were administrated like this with each garage making up its own rules? JC

Officer wants a reciept for a days stalking before he thinks he can grant it for deer :?:
Dekit
I provided 2 stalking reciepts and he still wouldn't grant .243.... he told me to use estate rifles to gain more experience but granted .223 for fox without batting an eyelid.

I provided 2 stalking reciepts and he still wouldn't grant .243.... he told me to use estate rifles to gain more experience but granted .223 for fox without batting an eyelid.

Then that's a refusal to issue in my book - they have to justify it and it can be challenged in court. Did you get it in writing?

Of course I upset someone. Surrey tried getting cute and I beat them at their own game. They refused one for ones on selling three rifles to replace them with better ones for the collection. The excuse given was that those three rifles might cause me to be a danger to the public. They forgot that the other 18 I had at that point didn't so of course they lost. Oh they also tried to make it impossible to get legal help as they sent out the letter for the pre hearing Friday at 17:30 2nd class and the hearing was 10am Monday morning. I got the notification the following Wednesday. The judge was not impressed to say the least. They police phoned me at work asking where I was?? :lol: so I naturally replied on the end of the phone talking to you. Then added you know where I am as you phoned me at work. I had to phone the court and speak to the clerk and again once I got the notification letter two days too late.

Lincs are trying to get even it seems.

I have just been on the phone and it appears that the variations have now been approved. But of course not actioned. Now I have phoned yet again the nice poor girl in the office will try to find my file. Of course I'll wager that it will not be found for several days as it's probably not even in the firearms dept. I have a good idea were it will be but cannto say here, suffice to say it has nothing to do with me really but the Police are just being their usual awkward selves.

Once I get my ticket back and check it's OK and all has been done as was requested then we can start the claims for losses incurred. The stalks I could not confirm bookings on. The missed shows and any storage costs. I am expected to abide by the rules and law yet the Police consider them selves exempt. It's time they learnt otherwise. Oh and Lincolnshire Police are bankrupt yet they waste thousands of man hours on this stupidity. By rights if actioned today and posted it should arrive by Tuesday at the latest. If it arrives then I shall probably faint from shock. It will not surprise me one bit if it does not arrive next week at all but the following week and is full of errors so it has to be returned. It's just another of their tactics :-|

Then that's a refusal to issue in my book - they have to justify it and it can be challenged in court. Did you get it in writing?

No, but I should have done.... thing is, I only get chance to stalk 2 or 3 times a year either up in Scotland (700 mile round trip or in West Sussex by invite (640 mile round trip) and at the time I couldn't afford to buy 2 rifles and glassware straight off, so as the majority of my shooting is fox and vermin I agreed to settle for .223 as most first time applicants would :rolleyes:
Things will be different come renewal time... armed with the knowledge I have gained from reading yours and Daluas posts :D

Update........................... Was told variation approved last Friday. Today is Wednesday of course no ticket. Got a call from the deputy (Frank) and no he has some more queries...... so much for being approved......................... went through it yet again and was told he woul do it today and putt eh .270 that is going to be re-barreled into .280 on a temp permit while this is done....My god some sense at last.................................................

Now we wait to see how long it takes to arrive. :rolleyes:

Back