.22-250 deer bullets - Factory

Dan Newcombe

I know its on here somewhere but buggered if i can find it.

What factory 50 / 55gn deer ammunition is there out there for the .22-250

Might be going after some Roe in Scotland later this year and as i have sold me .243 and not yet got a replacements 6.5x55 its looking like the .22 will be accompanying me!

Dont want to reload and dont want varmint bullets (already reload varmint bullets)

Any suggestions

Dan

I'm using 55gr Federal Powershok through my 22-250, does the job just fine. Hope to match it once I run out for reloading as this can be useful should I run low or out of reloads, I managed to do it for my .243.

TJ

Sako 55gr Gamehead are pretty good. Never shot a deer with one, but they didn't seem to open up too badly on a few foxes so should be good for Roe.

Thanks, the federals i have bought have been 40gn sierra blitzkings and 55gn Sierra Gameking (not sure if they are good for deer), didnt realise they do others as well.

Il have a look at the Sako too

Dan

Thanks, the federals i have bought have been 40gn sierra blitzkings and 55gn Sierra Gameking (not sure if they are good for deer), didnt realise they do others as well.

Il have a look at the Sako too

Dan

55grn Sierra GK's should be fine, they used to work well in my old .220 Swift. JC

I used sako 55gr laterally when i had a 22/250 and only had 1 runner in a couple of box worth.
All were lung shot and the runner only went about 20 yards

As already mentioned the Sako 55g game head is ok for deer. The 50g version is for varmints. Also you can now get the 60g nosler partition in factory rounds. (from Federal I think).

Evo

Back