Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kennel Doors

Kennel Doors

Does anyone have any information on where i can find doors for my kennels (cat flap type, but obviously big enough for a lab sized dog).

Thanks

Pets at home. Staywell large dog flaps. they are also on ebay, Jim

I use sections of warehouse door curtain (for the use of fork lift trucks) one strip is just the correct width for a lab.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    I use sections of warehouse door curtain (for the use of fork lift trucks) one strip is just the correct width for a lab.
    Where do you get those, mate? They'd be ideal for my kennels. It dropped to -17 last winter.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    Where do you get those, mate? They'd be ideal for my kennels. It dropped to -17 last winter.
    heat lamp them
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

i use a product for heating the kennel similar to this. its on a thermostat
    know its off topic a bit

frank

http://www.directbarsupplies.com/Gil...eater/4102.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    heat lamp them
    I do have one, mate. The problem is that i live up in the lead hills at approx 900ft. When the weather man says wind is 20, up here it's at least 40. We regularly have days that are wet and cold because the clouds don't lidt high enough.
    I've tried permanent doors but they hate being locked in and fabric type materials get sodden and allow enough draft in.

It's harsh up here - my dogs kennels are made like concrete bunkers! For heating last year i constructed them a wood burning stove.

I got one of these Grizzly If you can get someone to send you one from the states it would be much cheaper. Joe Shawn the manufacturer of the K9 Kondo will not break his contract with EU distributers.

Scotsgun I can let you have some Pm me your phone no and we can sort it out.Keith
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

My feeling is that you need a sleeping compartment which is just big enough for the dogs and so well insulated that they heat the space with body heat. I go for plenty of room in the run and a tight squeeze in the sleeping compartment.