Kennel Doors

Black Islander

Does anyone have any information on where i can find doors for my kennels (cat flap type, but obviously big enough for a lab sized dog).

Thanks

heat lamp them

I do have one, mate. The problem is that i live up in the lead hills at approx 900ft. When the weather man says wind is 20, up here it's at least 40. We regularly have days that are wet and cold because the clouds don't lidt high enough.
I've tried permanent doors but they hate being locked in and fabric type materials get sodden and allow enough draft in.

It's harsh up here - my dogs kennels are made like concrete bunkers! For heating last year i constructed them a wood burning stove.

I got one of these Grizzly If you can get someone to send you one from the states it would be much cheaper. Joe Shawn the manufacturer of the K9 Kondo will not break his contract with EU distributers.

My feeling is that you need a sleeping compartment which is just big enough for the dogs and so well insulated that they heat the space with body heat. I go for plenty of room in the run and a tight squeeze in the sleeping compartment.

My feeling is that you need a sleeping compartment which is just big enough for the dogs and so well insulated that they heat the space with body heat. I go for plenty of room in the run and a tight squeeze in the sleeping compartment.

+1

I use sections of warehouse door curtain (for the use of fork lift trucks) one strip is just the correct width for a lab.

Never ever use this material. If your dog eats it it could kill it! It's either poisonous or binds the gut, I can't remember which it is but it's been well vented on a gundog training forum after someone's dog died after chewing it!

Re the original post, those staywell flaps would get chewed. You could have a frame hinged to swing inwards with a flap in that hinged outwards (simple carpentry job) fitted with anti chew angle aluminium. I've also seen kennels with a screen parallel to the front of the box, 15" away but not all the way across blocking the hatch into the sleeping box to block out the wind.

ive got the dog den 2 by hextons , my dogs slept i these while we lived in cumbria . The doors are silent and chew proof , bit pricey but you cant fault them . pbhextons@btopenworld.com or 01746767292

Last edited:
Back