My new rifle (and first centre fire.

groach1234

Well after my variation came back the other day i was itching to get out and pick up a gun and after a quick ring around of who had what and who could get me what i ended up by the gun and scope from separate shops. The gun is a stainless and synthetic T3 in 6.5x55 and was bought from Northalerton shooting supplies and Malcolm did it for as cheap as i could get anywhere and he luckily had one in stock. So that was that and i headed home to to grab a drink before going out for the scope. Its a S&B 8x56 hungarian that i bought second had from dave at York guns who did a good price on it and the other bits and bobs i needed such as sling, slip ammo and cleaning bits and bobs. I will be zeroing it tomorrow and it'll be ready for my stalking trip to scotland next saturday :cool: :D :D On another note to any of those contemplating using either Northalerton or York guns don't hesitate to do so both great shops and did spend about an hour and a half in York guns as the fitted the scope to the gun that i had not bought from them and bore sighted it as well.

DSC04130.jpg

DSC04156.jpg

DSC04154.jpg

DSC04166.jpg

George

Last edited:
That looks nice mate but, you must be chuffed. :D I would put a round or two through it as I wouldnt rely on the bore sighting (From experience they are not always spot on) just a thought.

Nice mate and please read the threads on shooting in dont want to mess up a shiny new rifle. ;)

Nice mate and please read the threads on shooting in dont want to mess up a shiny new rifle. ;)

Could you possibly post a link/what you do as im struggling to find one (im not very effective using the search function.)

George

Whatever you do George, take your time & make mental note of it, as when you hit your first (perceived) problem, you will have a reference point, having said that, you should fire your first few rounds & then let cool, whatever cleaning ritual you decide on adopting. Steve.

That looks like a great setup and I hope you get many hours of enjoyment from it. Take it easy with the zeroing and good luck in Scotland.

Nice one George - you don't waste any time do you?!

Looks like a good set up to me. I buy from Dave in York too - great guy and a cracking shop.

I will be over your way tomorrow, somewhere between 10 and 2 ish.

Enjoy the new rifle... just push a dry patch through your barrell before you fire the first shot (remove transit oil)

Dave

I had mine (same calibre and make but the hunter version) bore sighted by the gun shop I brought it from, however it was miles off. In hind sight I should have got a large piece of cardboard, mounted a zero'ing target to that and either drawn 1 inch squares on the cardboard or taken a tape measure with me, or started off at 50 metres to get it on the target then moved out to either 100 or 200 metres.

I also found different makes and loads make a difference in where the rifle shoots, Federal 140gr would just bugger off somewhere where as 120 gr Noslers group very well.

nice looking rifle, i would be pleased with that. Hope it shoots as well as it looks. Good luck.

A good solid basic set up that with proper care will last you a lifetime. The T3's are robust and accurate, have a very tunable trigger and a nice smooth bolt travel. I'm sure you will be very happy with the set up. Good Shooting !!

Pete

Back