204 rifle choice

Thegogg

I'm looking to get a used 204 and I'm undecided on what make/model to go for having seen the below rifles so has anyone owned any of them, if so what are your thoughts on them?

I've previously owned a .204 Howa Mini Action and found it very good although the stock was quite flimsy.

Remington .204 Ruger 700 SPS

Howa .204 Ruger 1500

Howa .204 Ruger Mini Action

Ruger .204 M77 MKII

CZ .204 Ruger 527

TIKA .204

I've also seen a very nice new Sako 85 Varmint Laminate Stainless Fluted but it's twice the price of the above rifles so is it worth paying the extra?

Savage are very good. Mate has .204 Howa mini action and has issues with the mag falling out (10 round). Badly designed magaziine release catch.

D

I'm looking to get a used 204 and I'm undecided on what make/model to go for having seen the below rifles so has anyone owned any of them, if so what are your thoughts on them?

I've previously owned a .204 Howa Mini Action and found it very good although the stock was quite flimsy.

Remington .204 Ruger 700 SPS

Howa .204 Ruger 1500

Howa .204 Ruger Mini Action

Ruger .204 M77 MKII

CZ .204 Ruger 527

TIKA .204

I've also seen a very nice new Sako 85 Varmint Laminate Stainless Fluted but it's twice the price of the above rifles so is it worth paying the extra?

Definitely 204 mini action.....you can buy back the one i bought from you!

FROM WHAT I AHVE SEEN USED AND HAD,

Remington .204 Ruger 700 SPS ### don't like it sloppy bolt and typical rem build quality..lacking ###

Howa .204 Ruger 1500 best mate in Yorkshire has one and I used it and shot like a dream.

Howa .204 Ruger Mini Action, not used it but have read and heard many good reports.

Ruger .204 M77 MKII not used one for a while but the one I used was ok but rather beat up ?

CZ .204 Ruger 527, oldy worldy mag system, but it was a cracking wee rifle to shoot, found it liked 39 GRs best

TIKA .204, nice build quality and accurate but I dislike the long action for such a small calibre case its a long bolt movement to load each round, accurate and had a nice factory trigger movement.

the sako IMO: isnot worth the extra cash they all shoot much the same but its all down to you in the end.

bob.

I have a howa in 204 and I love it but to be honest there isn't much howa left lol got a 1/9 pacnor fluted barrel so I could stabilise the heavier bullets, grs adjustable hunter stock bedded, rifle basix trigger, blue printed action, cerakoted and a big shiny bolt nob and now it really does shoot like a winner

I have a howa in 204 and I love it but to be honest there isn't much howa left lol got a 1/9 pacnor fluted barrel so I could stabilise the heavier bullets, grs adjustable hunter stock bedded, rifle basix trigger, blue printed action, cerakoted and a big shiny bolt nob and now it really does shoot like a winner

Sounds a bit like Trigger from Only Fool's and Horses' brush...... 7 heads and 4 stales later but it's still the original :D

Sounds a bit like Trigger from Only Fool's and Horses' brush...... 7 heads and 4 stales later but it's still the original :D

hahaha believe it or not my mate has christened it 'trigger' for that very reason. To be fair there wasn't much wrong with the howa, I had the laminate stock which was pretty good but I wanted a new barrel for heavy rounds and one thing led to another until there was no howa left lol

Hi Andrew, thought you were away sunning yourself.........I know how good yours is mate, just checking on the competition :cool:

I am indeed sunning myself in Florida....bloody hot here! Aiming to get to Machine Gun America on Friday so can use the AK47!

Back