Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: land gone

land gone

whats the law if you lose the land named on your licence for stalking.?

Do's your ticket only let you shoot on the named land ?

as far as i can see there is no law about losing the land named on your ticket
    as this is a condition named on it then you would need to inform FLO of any changes that affect the conditions set on your ticket , failing to do so could cause problems
    this is not the end of the world as you know it
    from what i understand you can use a range as named ground or if you hav written invites for stalking or hav proof that you hav booked for future stalking that also can be used for named ground as such,
    in this situation i would speak to my FLO talk to him to see what his veiws are then go from there , depending on how long you hav held a ticket he may advise you to join a club or range and then issue you with an open ticket for any invites or days stalking you hav booked
    talk to them , they are there to help aswell honest

land

the land is on my variation form just gone in, well been there a long time now.
    i've only been out on bought days with the estate rifle.
    The land im going to lose i've shot over for years,rabbits,pigeon duck,etc

once the gentlemen found out i was taking up stalking he offered the stalking/fox there two,not many deer on it ,but he said if it helps you get the ticket.

As time as gone on his health as gone down hill and it looks like the land as been bought by a equestrain center.

so im not sure how i come off,i've put on my variation ,for the use of fox and deer control.

tolley
    one piece of ground i stalk on has a small equestrian stables on it , we seem to get on just fine, even lamping the rabbits on the paddocks where the horses are stabled, just hav to approach the one in charge for a chat to see what goes on
    good luck
    stone

Rabbit holes

Tolley,
    It might be a good buzz (if you have trouble with your horsey folks) to point out that rabiits burrow. And horses break legs in burrows.
    Just a thought.

up date

the farm i lost has said they will ring me after a few months ,so might be ok.
    But since then i've hit the jack pot on the land front,just got 700 acres of fox, deer ,shooting.
    jsut one thing the blod has givern me a form for the land owner to fill in.
    IF FIRARMS ARE INTENTED FOR THE USE ON LAND FOR VERMIN CONTROL OR OTHER SPORTING PURPOSES,ETC

IT IS CONFIRMED THAT AS THE LAND OWNER I GIVE MY PERMISSION FOR ME TO USE THE FOLLOWING FIREARMS ------------------------------------------- FOR THE PURPOSES-------------------------

WOULD FULL BORE BE OK AND COVER ALL OR SHOULD I PUT THE CALIBRE I USE DOWN,JUST THINKING OF IN THE FURTURE THE LAND HAS BEEN USE BEFORE WITH A 308 FOR DEER AND IS VERY HILLY

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

Re: up date

"IT IS CONFIRMED THAT AS THE LAND OWNER I GIVE MY PERMISSION FOR ME TO USE THE FOLLOWING FIREARMS ------------------------------------------- FOR THE PURPOSES-------------------------"

I would write in there "Up to and including .308

This would cover you for everything.

TJ