Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muzzle breaks...where to get one from and how much do they cost?

Muzzle breaks...where to get one from and how much do they cost?

Right i am not thinking about buying one now but do like the idea of getting a muzzle break at some point in the future. My rifle is a T3 in 6.5x55 S/S with a 14x1 thread if that makes any difference. Is it something an RFD would stock? or more a rifle smith? and also what sort of cost do they tend to be at?

George
    Last edited by groach1234; 01-08-2010 at 08:30.

Have a look at customcartridges.com, David is the owner he will sort you out no problem.

Fletch

George I take it you mean an M14x1 thread ? a 1 in 14 sounds like a twist rate but i doubt very much that any 6.5x55 has a 1 in 14 twist,
    for a muzzle brake have a look about on the internet, its a common enough item. mind your ears as brakes often make the rifle even louder, you might want to consider a moderator. Your location is noted as York, nip into York guns, or go see Steve Kershaw, both might have something on shelf., alternatively flick through the pages of gun mart. brakes star from I guess about 30 quid and go up to about 200. generaly you get what you pay for. and again, watch your ears when using a muzzle brake.
    hope that helps. Pete

Quote Originally Posted by PeteinDE View Post
    George I take it you mean an M14x1 thread ? a 1 in 14 sounds like a twist rate but i doubt very much that any 6.5x55 has a 1 in 14 twist,
    for a muzzle brake have a look about on the internet, its a common enough item. mind your ears as brakes often make the rifle even louder, you might want to consider a moderator. Your location is noted as York, nip into York guns, or go see Steve Kershaw, both might have something on shelf., alternatively flick through the pages of gun mart. brakes star from I guess about 30 quid and go up to about 200. generaly you get what you pay for. and again, watch your ears when using a muzzle brake.
    hope that helps. Pete
    I did in deed mean 14x1 and thanks for the advice. I did by a mod yesterday but it does add a fair bit of weight to the gun so i was looking at alternatives to help cut down recoil and muzzle flip with far less weight added on.

George

these are supposed to be good, look nice too
    muzzle brakes

Quote Originally Posted by groach1234 View Post
    Right i am not thinking about buying one now but do like the idea of getting a muzzle break at some point in the future. My rifle is a T3 in 6.5x55 S/S with a 14x1 thread if that makes any difference. Is it something an RFD would stock? or more a rifle smith? and also what sort of cost do they tend to be at?

George
    go to third eye tactical in wakefield,they make a Vias types brake which is very nice there 80 take your rifle in and they will fit it

I had a Vias type break built for my .375, I used Niel McKillop near Basingstoke. Cost me 85 including the blasting to match the stainless barrel. I can`t reccommend Niel`s work highly enough and a great bloke to chat to as well!

have you thought abouit getting a limbsaver recoil pad? to reduce felt recoil , the standard pad on a t3 is fairly hard!

a 6.5x55 shouldnt have that much recoil!

As an owner of two Swede's you do not need a muzzle break. Learn to shoot a rifle. The Swede has less kick than a 12g Shotgun.

Stan

after mreading your topic about your flinch i wouldnt recomend a break as it will, despite the fact it reduces recoil it will increase noise levels alot.