Thread: Who gives Deer their calenders?

Who gives Deer their calenders?

1st August, out on my permission for 5am, with hopes for staggies.

Been watching several youngsters on the ground recently and have a plan of what to take out.

Spent 4 hrs in various locations with no sign of any male of the species.......

How the heck do they know

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
    1st August, out on my permission for 5am, with hopes for staggies.

Been watching several youngsters on the ground recently and have a plan of what to take out.

Spent 4 hrs in various locations with no sign of any male of the species.......

How the heck do they know
    They have been reading your posts on UKV Andy

They get on line to see when the season starts, then just resign to watching Gran Prix racing on television that day.

Seriously though, I have wondered at that myself. Two years back I drew an antelope tag for the farm country around where I live so I watched the antelope every day for two months. I took photos of them within 100 yards of me right up to a couple of days before the season started. Opening morning? Gone. It later ocurred to me that every day these antelope wander across the "section roads" that separate different cultivated fields, on their way to the high sage flats were I see them. There is usually very little traffic on these roads but I'm wagering that on opening day of antelope season there were hunters driving about on their way to their hunting spots. The added traffic probably threw the beasts off of their schedule and caused them to just lay low instead of coming to visit my 308.~Muir

its all about testosterone lads you give off to much.. when they are not in seaon your calm and dont give it off, soon as season starts your like a rutting stag and they sense it,

No calenders for the fallow on my bit, just a farmer who spread cow s##t all over the field, that thay where showing up in

deer calenders

I have the same problem every year. in february and march i see really nice bucks about but come april the 1st gone and to date i have'nt seen them. every year this happens, but thats stalking eh

Well, it just does to show how quickly things change.

Arrived at my spot this morning stalked into a spot where the cull staggies were being seen prior to the 1st August.

3 shots later, three staggies grassed.

Account Suspended
    Well I went out to a place my husband said he had seen both red and fallow a few times a few weeks before and show plenty of Roe does and No Red stags or Fallow bucks but see a Muntjac buck which is now in my chiller.
    Last edited by CAM; 03-08-2010 at 19:02.

Farmer made up for the cow s##t today, asked him if we could put up some highseat's and after some qustion's about what we going to make them out of, He rang the timber yard and ordered the wood. When i said how much do i owe you he said it's on me.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    been a few full moons they having their fun after dark!!