Thread: Sauer Help!

Sauer Help!

Hi folks,
    I've owned this Sauer .270 for around a year now but am unable to find out what model and aproximatly what year it was manufactured can anyone on here shed some light for me on the matter?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0352.JPG   DSCN0354.JPG   DSCN0353.JPG  

On first impression these rifles where marketed as FN-Sauer rifles. Made by Sauer and sold under the FN name or the other way around, I am not sure about that. Locking bolts on the back/behind side of the bolt.

Hi Hales,
    thanks for that, yes it has got locking bolts to the back of the bolt and the only identifying marks are as you say FN-Sauer and of course the serial number?

Thats a fairly rare rifle you have there, and Hales Smut is correct its an FN-Sauer:
    The Rifle is based on the Sauer Model 80 action. was introduced in 1977 production continued until 1982.
    Checking the date on the proofmarks will give you an approximate date of manufacture

If you contact Sauer they should be able to help you with the date via the serial number.

Its probably worth something, Ive only ever seen 1, which means they are pretty rare. here at least.

regards Pete

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dscn0367.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	2086Thanks again guys, here's a picture of what I think are the proof marks, could either of you tell me if its possible to determin the aproximate age from such marks?
    Thanks again,
    Andy.
    At first you must become young and foolish before you become old and wise!

Top is possibly the initials of the guy who prooved it.

middle is Beschusamt Kiel post 1969

bottom is normal nitro proof

rgds Pete

Thanks Pete
    At first you must become young and foolish before you become old and wise!