keep it under your hat

chill123

A friend who is a stalker in Scotland told me this one . When its wet and rainy keep your scope cleaning cloth, tissue,etc under your hat . it is then allways dry , you know where it is , and it takes minimum movement to reach it . How many times have you crawled into a deer ,needed to clean the scope ,searched every pocket to find your tissue the when you do its soaked from the crawl in .

good hunting Chill123

Wouldn't work for me - too much steam coming off the top of my head and not enough hair to catch it for it ever to be dry under my hat. I think that's why they invented Butler Creeks?

Might it get a bit greasy with continuned use? Nice idea, but grease and optics don't work so I'll continue to keep it in an inside pocket for now.

Might it get a bit greasy with continuned use? Nice idea, but grease and optics don't work so I'll continue to keep it in an inside pocket for now.

X2 I use a short sunshade to keep the rain or water droplets off my OB. Flip ups work well for the ocular too.

Has anyone on tried shaving foam in there scopes.My mates a biker and says he puts it on the inside of his viser then wipes it off with a clean.

Back