Morning All

Old tikka

Good Morning to you all.

I have been watching SD for a while and have enjoyed the debates and have finally made the effort to join.

I now live near Ludlow in Shropshire but have worked and hunted in a few counties around the world. Favourite calibre is 30-06 I have an old Tikka 690 bedded in a Macmillan stock with a CQB trigger, Jet Z moderator and IOR Scope. Also have a great 30-30 lever action for woodland stalking.

Stalk all over the UK mainly Berkshire, East Anglia, Shropshire and Scotland.

I am an AW and Assessor for DMQ so aways willing to help with DSC2 portfolios and general advice.

Cheers

Welcome to the site, nice to see someone else from around here, I hail from Bishops Castle. We have had a few meetings Leominster way so why not come to the next one. Recently signed for L2 myself so it will be nice to get some advice from an AW to get me on the way.

Regards,
John.

Hey John

Thanks for the welcome. I'm only 10 mins from BC. Would be interested in attending any meetings locally. If I can help with your L2 just let me know. Do you have any stalking locally?

Cheers
Ot

Hey John

Thanks for the welcome. I'm only 10 mins from BC. Would be interested in attending any meetings locally. If I can help with your L2 just let me know. Do you have any stalking locally?

Cheers
Ot

Hi,
Adamant and .243 Varmint are generaly the ones that sort out the meeting and they have all been held at the New Inn at Pembridge however that may change, the beer is not that good and we could always go to the Three Tuns at BC. Not that I do not mind driving!;). What would be nice with the L2 is to see a completed portfolio so I can see how much detail maybe required. Unfortunately I am a little like you on the stalking side as I travel to Hertfordshire where it is all Fallow and Munties on a small pheasant shoot of which I am a member and lucky enough to have a friend who allows me to stalk on there. He too is signed up for L2 and we both hope to make some progress this year once the doe season begins.

John.

Hi

Don't know the New Inn at Pembridge but beer as always good in the 3 tuns! :D Would be happy to meet up for a beer or a coffee to go through level 2 stuff with you. Which assessment centre are you with?

OT

I am with BASC and the friend who I stalk with knows one of the AWs on the list who will help us out who is not a great distance from our shoot, so fingers crossed. It would be great if you could have a run through with me I could pop over to Ludlow maybe have a pint in the Church Inn, plenty of choice beer wise. Preferably during the day as at the moment I am a house husband and have plenty of free time.

John.

Welcome to the site Old Tikka, looking forward reading your inputs to the various discussions held on here.

Back